• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

New Netgame Launcher - Version 0.50 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice job, Oogaland! ^_^
What does the Dedicated checkbox do?

BTW, Omega: The name's PlayAH. Not PlayER. :P

Thanks. The Dedicated checkbox runs the game in non-interactive mode, intended for use in setting up a permanent server. It should reduce the load on the host's machine, since it doesn't need to run the renderer and audio (and so on) subsystems locally. I suspect that's what a441 used when he had his permanent server for the contest judging.

Oogaland

Cool launcher, but where's the spot for manual parameters and to change from software to OGL? >.>

Launcher

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Nope. Still does't work.

Ach. Still getting the same DLL error?

SRB2-Playah: Exactly. As I understand it, anyway.

Shuffle: In v1.0. :)

Oogaland

SRB2- Yes, it is. It's essentially like running a UT2004/otherpopularfpsgame server. it runs in the backround and takes up barely any memory.

Also, yes, still getting the dll error :|

Omega the Hedgehog said:
It's essentially like running a UT2004/otherpopularfpsgame server. it runs in the backround and takes up barely any memory.
itsgenius6jl.png

DLLs

Hmm. I just tried it with mserv.dll in the same directory as the executable, and it works. Removing the DLL stops it working, as expected, with a runtime error 53. I noticed that Hotdog got an error 48, which (consults MSDN) is "error loading DLL", while mine is "file not found". Which are you getting? And are you getting "E:\Oogaland..." in the error?

Also, could you tell me whether you used the version with the installer or without? I suppose it's just possible that you have an older version (can't see how, though). Anything before v0.33 won't work.

Sorry for all the trouble - and the questions.

Oogaland

I got it to work, extract the installation version first then the non-installation version.

Same, got it to work, however you only need to extratc the installation version. You dun need to do the same to the justplainzippedup version.

Nice job, Oog :wink:

0_0

Curious. I'll try to figure out what was wrong, and why on Earth that fixes the problem. But... some other day. It is now tomorrow (paradox intended), and I'm going to get some sleep. And thanks for all your help, folks. :)

Oogaland

Why does everybody post messages AT THE SAME EXACT TIME as I do?! It makes things confusing for people reading it later! *shot*

EDIT: Also, a confruzin' bug: "Advertise on Master Sever" is greyed out, as is "Server Name" and "More". :|

Greyed Out

They're not implemented in this version, since they require editing of config.cfg, which I haven't got round to, yet.

(And I'm really going, this time.)

Oogaland

Launcher

FuriousFox: I can't get this to work (+internetserver), and I can't find any corresponding code in the game, either. Am I missing something obvious? Or is this an FD 1.09 innovation?

Akira: Probably.

Oogaland

you need to add '+internetserver' before adding '-server' on the command line for it to work

"sr2win.exe -server +internetserver" will not work

"srb2win.exe +internetserver -server" will work

look for 'cv_internetserver', you're find it

+internetserver

Still doesn't work for me, I'm afraid. I can see where the console variable is registered and later checked when a server is started, but I can't find any mention of a "+internetserver" argument. However, I should be able to get round it by editing config.cfg (even though the option doesn't persist as, at least in 1.08, the game doesn't preserve this setting). Thanks anyway.

Oogaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back