SRB2DB or DB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellybones

Lawful Neutral
I've recently had an interesting in fooling around in SRB2's level creator again and I learned that there exists a newer editor, DB2. Straight to the point, I'm wondering about people's opinions on if I should go with DB2 or SRB2DB? If there are any major differences, pros cons, etc. It's more of asking for your opinion than help.

If it's necessary information, I am using Windows Vista.

DB2 has a far more advanced interface, a better 3D mode, and the ability to see flats in 2D mode. But it isn't fine-tuned for compatibility with SRB2, and doing some things with it is a pain. I'd stick to SRB2DB if I were you.

Of course, I wish that someone would create an SRB2DB2, but I realize that's a pretty hefty undertaking.

I usually use DB2, but mainly due to the fact SRB2DB is incompatible with OS' better than Windows XP. But I'll admit, SRB2DB is better in a lor of ways (more functions and the ability to make floating things). So depending on your OS, choose accordingly.

I'm going to download both. SRB2DB seems like the more popular choice but DB2 still seems like it's worth a shot. I could end up liking it better. Thanks for opinions.

Whatever happened to SRB2 Workbench?

I've been busy for the past couple of years. I'm hoping to hack together a basic 3D mode soon, though, so that I can release something reasonably feature-complete while I have the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back