Resource icon

RafaelXFire

THOUSAND YEARS OF DEATH
It is a pack of matchmaps made by me with a similar theme between them, I hope you like it.

In case of bugs please explain them in the comments.

Attachments

• srb20013.png
    srb20013.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 591
  • srb20014.png
    srb20014.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 517
  • srb20015.png
    srb20015.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 453
  • srb20016.png
    srb20016.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 273
  • VM_GREENMATCH-v1.2.pk3
    8.4 MB · Views: 629
Last edited:
There we go, got around to testing this with a few people. These are some pretty simple but fun match maps, good for some brawling. The small map sizes work to their advantage for making them fast-paced that's for sure.

This small set of maps is pretty fun, and the compact nature of them provides a refreshing break from the sprawling maps we had received in 2.1 times. Like Jood said, it's a solid, fast, and fun set of maps that worked great and felt just right in the 5-minute playtesting sessions.

There are a few things I'd like to point out though - Super Ring Monitors should be placed around the maps to provide players with ammunition. I've noticed a few Ring monitors that become Weak Random Monitors when popped, and those are generally for shields. Some of the maps have multiple Strong Random Monitors which is not ideal for a map of this size. These maps would benefit from only having one SRM in each map.

General rules of thumb, Ring monitors should stay Ring monitors and be placed in accessible places to provide ammunition. WRMs should be placed every so often to provide powerups and typically start on Elemental, Whirlwind, Force, or Super Sneakers. The SRM should be placed in a hard-to-reach area that all characters can get to (the map with the pillar in the center that has a room in it is a great example of a good SRM spot), and start on Force, Whirlwind, Elemental, and maybe Attraction. On the plus side, you have good Infinity and weapon placements in general.

The open-ness of certain maps prevent the Bounce and Grenade rings from being generally useful, and Metal Sonic is also quite powerful because he can accumulate speed fast and maintain it. However, this is something that all the open maps, including Meadow Match and Jade Valley suffer from, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Anyway, despite what I had to say above, this set of maps is still pretty solid, worth a shot, and a good time killer if you want to shoot your friends in the face.

This small set of maps is pretty fun, and the compact nature of them provides a refreshing break from the sprawling maps we had received in 2.1 times. Like Jood said, it's a solid, fast, and fun set of maps that worked great and felt just right in the 5-minute playtesting sessions.

There are a few things I'd like to point out though - Super Ring Monitors should be placed around the maps to provide players with ammunition. I've noticed a few Ring monitors that become Weak Random Monitors when popped, and those are generally for shields. Some of the maps have multiple Strong Random Monitors which is not ideal for a map of this size. These maps would benefit from only having one SRM in each map.

General rules of thumb, Ring monitors should stay Ring monitors and be placed in accessible places to provide ammunition. WRMs should be placed every so often to provide powerups and typically start on Elemental, Whirlwind, Force, or Super Sneakers. The SRM should be placed in a hard-to-reach area that all characters can get to (the map with the pillar in the center that has a room in it is a great example of a good SRM spot), and start on Force, Whirlwind, Elemental, and maybe Attraction. On the plus side, you have good Infinity and weapon placements in general.

The open-ness of certain maps prevent the Bounce and Grenade rings from being generally useful, and Metal Sonic is also quite powerful because he can accumulate speed fast and maintain it. However, this is something that all the open maps, including Meadow Match and Jade Valley suffer from, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Anyway, despite what I had to say above, this set of maps is still pretty solid, worth a shot, and a good time killer if you want to shoot your friends in the face.

I just changed this little mistake of having few super ring monitors, so as not to be confused by why super ring monitors have become shields or displaced SRM locations.

I might suggest having these maps be open for Tag/Hide & Seek mode, currently the maincfg file only supports match mode it seems, unsure if this is intentional or not to have them as match only, but thought maybe to bring it up.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back