Is this game SUPPOSED to be this slippery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replayed the game up to THZ Act 2 with Knuckles. I still do not retract my original statement of slipperyness. It's really more the camera--if you twitch the mouse SLIGHTLY your character flies completely out of whack. It's like this game actively punishes trying to go fast.

If you really want to control both the camera and the character all at once, either reduce the mouse sensitivity as Katmint said, or I would seriously recommend connecting a X-Box or PS3 controller to your computer.

In fact, I play SRB2 with Borderlands-esque controls, and I find the platforming to be much easier than with the keyboard, especially in First Person mode.

Dude, using your mouse is only good for Match and CTF.
Just map the 'change direction' keys to your arrow keys/WASD keys, it makes life easier. Or just strafe.

I play with standard FPS controls and I do fine :I
It's all a matter of personal preference.

But dude, turn down mouse sensitivity. I know that the default is nigh unplayable, but dropping it about 6-7 ticks will bring it within "Almost reasonable" range.

I play with standard FPS controls and I do fine :I
It's all a matter of personal preference.

But dude, turn down mouse sensitivity. I know that the default is nigh unplayable, but dropping it about 6-7 ticks will bring it within "Almost reasonable" range.

I guess so. I personally roll with classic keyboard controls.

THZ2 is... hard?I have to agree with you with the point that that level is hilarously long for its first playtrough but...
It's still easy.

Also, the game doesn't fail to rcreate Genesis design, there are a lot of hidden things, and some decent difficulty. Concerning the physics, this game is a straight modification of Doom.

Now what about stopping posting that the game is too hard blah blah, I didn't even know how to jump the first time I played and I never complaint about this.

400px-Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.jpg

It's clear that this thread has given up any pretense of being a serious discussion and has devolved into an open flamewar. We're always interested in the opinions of people from outside the community, but not if it's accompanied by personal insults and crying "herd mentality" whenever somebody disagrees with you. As for everyone else, riling him up even further only makes it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back