• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Popular custom SRB2 maps that you hated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarbo the Black Sheep

Furry Composer
Have you found custom maps that everybody loved but you hated? I have. These are ones where the deviation of popular opinion from mine are the greatest. Interesting how two of these are on the leaderboard, not to mention from the same infamous contest (JanFeb07):

Gelespious Mountain Zone, 4/10
This map was so confusing as Sonic. The first time I finished this level as Sonic, my timer was above 12 minutes. Main path + puzzle = fail. -_- As Tails and Knuckles, however, the level time was about 4 minutes. Either way, the map is so huge that it feels very slow paced. The level overall was really pretty, and the bad sector layout would have been good had it been sized down 2:1 and not had confusion on the main path. The music was also really good.

The large waterfall gimmick was good, but its fun was quickly overshadowed by the bad sector layout. This level felt very unrewarding. I never found the awesome stuff. I tried like four or five times. Couldn't find it.

Castle Canyon Zone, 2/10
I did play this in a netgame in 2008. O_O Overall, it wasn't very fun because of its high level of confusion. Two other people in the same game were lost, too. I was overwhelmed at this looking at it in the map editor. It's so easy to get turned around here! -_-

Freeze Factory Zone, 1/10
I know; I gave it a 2 in voting, but now that I think of it, it deserves a 1. This map should be compressed 2:1 in both width and length. 30,000-fracunit-long linedefs FTL.

Obviously, because of the title of this thread, I know most of you disagree with me. Which popular maps do YOU hate?

We're talking about custom.

I hate all the stupid Sapphire Falls-based ones. There's no originality. Even if the level design is completely different, the textures are still the same, and it's still stupid.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Hydro Plant is the worst Match map in the rotation by far.

...What?

Hydro Plant is the second best match map in the rotation. Simplicity is bliss. Most players don't like it just because of the water.

My least favorite map used to be Tree Ring, though I'm warming up to it now. Desolate Twilight would have to take precedence in this category, then. It just _sucks_.

Medow Match. A lot of people like it, but its just using the same GFZ textures that are overused and is way too flat.

Ash said:
Hydro Plant is the second best match map in the rotation. Simplicity is bliss. Most players don't like it just because of the water.
Water causes you to try to stay away from it (specially when there's lag), and this forces you to stay in a very small section of the level from which is very easy to fall from. In a deathmatch map you should be more concentrated in looking for the other players and dodging their bullets, not trying to deal with a stupid level gimmick :/

Kitsune said:
I agree with Ash; Desolate Twilight is just too open.
Disagreed. Here you can actually concentrate in looking for players and such. Also, there are deatmatch maps which are way larger than Desolate Twilight. But it seems that most players want huge maps :/

Botanic Serenity.

Sure, even if it has a load of detail and secrets, it's just not that fun. The Emeralds weren't really hard to get. The boss was entirely abusive.

The Dark Fox said:
Botanic Serenity.

Sure, even if it has a load of detail and secrets, it's just not that fun. The Emeralds weren't really hard to get. The boss was entirely abusive.
Then perhaps you know there that DAMN fourth Chaos Emerald is? Seriously, I can't find it.

I'll Begin said:
The Dark Fox said:
Botanic Serenity.

Then perhaps you know there that DAMN fourth Chaos Emerald is? Seriously, I can't find it.
I'll need to go back to the level. I haven't played it in almost one and a half years.
Oh yeah, it's in that waterfall near the Orange emerald.

Chrome the hedgehog said:
Medow Match. A lot of people like it, but its just using the same GFZ textures that are overused and is way too flat.
So by your logic, we should hate Greenflower Zone just because it uses the textures that were available at the time. Meadow Match was the first match map ever made for Sonic Robo Blast 2, and you condemn it for being simple and using Greenflower Zone textures. It's flat, simple, and somehow not boring. Not to mention that it has neat music.
Anyhow, I hate bad.wad. Seriously, who makes a WAD intentionally horrid?

I never liked Silver Cascade. The lack of thok makes the water tedious, making it impossible to dodge Sonic on your tail, unless you jump around. The water shortcuts doesn't make the level any funner.

Title said:
Popular Custom SRB2 Maps That You Hated
Notice the title? Does it say
Not in the title said:
anywhere? No, it does not.

Back on topic:
The map I hated the most has got to be... I do not know. >_>

EDIT: I forgot the "SRB2" part in the first quote. =/

Kitsune said:
There's an easy way to completely evade the water, flagholder or not.
Yes, wussing out being Knuckles and Tails and Spindashing to the other side REALLY make the maps awesome.

Vash, the Normal maps ARE CUSTOM. They made it themselves.

Anyways....I never liked any of Glaber's maps.

The Dark Fox said:
Kitsune said:
There's an easy way to completely evade the water, flagholder or not.
Yes, wussing out being Knuckles and Tails and Spindashing to the other side REALLY make the maps awesome.

Vash, the Normal maps ARE CUSTOM. They made it themselves.

Anyways....I never liked any of Glaber's maps.
No, they aren't. Do you have to add a file manually? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back