Something odd in my computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imageshack? Iaza? Make it so people don't have to download something.

*sigh* You care for 4KB?

Listen, this is what I have for now, take it or forget it. I really need to talk with Sep to see if I can get host again. I need it for the SRB2-Town page...

There isn't even a file there to download. Upload your image to photobucket.com or imageshack.us

Imagen000.jpg

Now does it work?

I can't see it, still. It's too small and lacks arrows pointing at the right thing.

If it's the top one, I could hazard a guess it's a backup tape drive.

Actually, I've seen a computer or two with an expansion drive. Just, ya know, a space for extra stuff.

That top CD Drive is for if a cd breaks in the computer. Once it breaks it breaks the bottom lazor. The top is kept safe by a seporator. A very tiny hole on the other side is blocked by wires sending the CD data.
In other words, its a back up CD Drive.

Please tell me you're not kidding, my CD drive just happens to be broken! (it reads CD-RW, but not CD-R or normal CDs) Can I use it to be able to read CDs again?

Quite simply, if it reads one kind, I should think that the problem would lie in the computer's code. On the other hand, there is a high possibility that my advice is dead wrong.

Most likely, Sik, the drive's laser was decalibrated and thus cannot read CD-Rs. Based on the fact that you can modify a Dreamcast laser to read CD-RWs, but if you do, it will not read GD-ROMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back