• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Krabs maps / lua / etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

Lv.3 charge is a lot more satisfying with the sound effects, but I'm curious to know what exactly you want in terms of visual effects.

Attachments

• drop.png
    drop.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 739
Wow, that's powerful. What I want is something that makes the level-up visually clear without adding more thok objects, like bouncy sprites and lots of colorized ghosts for level 3 and a bit of bounce with fewer normal ghosts for level 2.
srb20826.gif

You should make it stretch when the swirl reaches the top, and squish when it reaches the bottom.

Just noticed the youtube videos of the map in the first post.

It looks like an interesting map for those who want a challenging Single Player experience. I hear you were fighting Lua errors (according to Discord) and I want you to know that I think powering through that and getting the thing done would be worth your time.

In the world of programming anyway, it is not the time to give up if the code doesn't work right because fixing the bugs can serve as a good learning experience. Being able to fix errors and other issues is an important part of the road to becoming a good programmer. I can tell you this from my experience writing code for game projects using the Blender Game Engine and Godot. One important thing that helps is to make sure you're not trying to fix issues while tired, I have fixed a lot of things with my own projects after a good night's sleep.

Did remixes of meadow match and silver cascade. Hope this isn't too off-topic for editing, since it's just music.

Attachments

• music.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 119
Last edited:
These remixes sound very nice, I really like your Silver Cascade remix. Pretty good stuff!

Hmmm, is it going to still be an CTF map? Silver Cascade remix sounds very nice :D
I always liked the stage despite it being kind of boring to play on, I liked the music and the visuals and the idea of an underwater Temple I guess. So a krabs version would be cool (note: he made an alt version of Lime Forest in his battle pack so Silver Cascade CTF isn't off the table)

My god, Krabs, you've been doing an incredible job with these maps.

Silver Cascade looks so pretty now... i'd love to see this as an official vanilla revamp

I think i'd prefer if the walls had a different color, instead of being black or dark grey. It could be a blackish blue. Not saying black is a bad color, but I personally don't like it in certain scenarios. I suppose it's called Silver Cascade because Silver is broken in that map. [spoiler = "..."]
[/spoiler]

Does the map have a death pit? Or an underwater path to the base. I think the ladder would be cooler.
But i'm fine with the former.

Last edited:
God damn, there is so much personality to that architecture. It feels like you've transformed it from being a Doom map into a physical place with a real purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back