• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

[SUGOI 2] Sonic Uncovers Banning And Realizes Anime Spoilers Hurt Intricate Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only day 2 and we're already seeing some really cool stuff in here.

2ep3djl.png

Last edited:
iWrv6I7.png

Great! Great! Great!

That's looking awesome Dr. Tapeworm! The texture usage is great, and we don't see underwater bases like that very often! Don't make the mistake of getting too caught up making all the scenery perfect like I do, though, or you'll never release anything :X

That being said, I'm working on a map and I'm probably using up too much effort on making stuff look the way I want it to.

I'll post a screenshots of my work so far in the days to come :)

EDIT: Also, Icefox, that's an impressive amount of work already done on that map! And good job on using slopes for actual terrain navigation (from what I can see)! Most of the time I find that the slopes used in levels end up being not only optional, but less effective than just spinjumping there or something.

Awesome work everyone :D

Last edited:
How do you guys manage to work so fast? Everything so far looks great and I'm still making the barebones layout for my level. Haven't even started on making it look pretty.

Green Flowers Zone Progress #1

So, I was making this level and someone said:

"What if a "Green Flowers Zone" existed?"

67tUFA4.png

Challenge accepted.

No guarantees this will be finished in time (i'm collab-ing on an emerald stage) but
JQOhTTN.png

MMf1LVG.gif

It's (quite obviously) inspired by Alola.

Here is some high quality gameplay of the first bit of my contribution, subject to revision. It's a very avant garde piece, a commentary on the failures of man throughout history and into the future. The ancient ruins represent the hubris of our creation of things as everlasting, the toxic waste represents the uncaring and avarice of modern man, and the army of evil robots populating it all represents our self destruction through blind technological progression with no concern for ramifications. The bidding for this piece starts at 100 million dollars.

3508a21bdc.gif

EDIT: Decided to try a bit of a retexture, please give feedback on how it looks now. Also it technically works with Knuckles.

012504f461.gif

Last edited:
I'm also working on a 2D map, but I'm not very good at level geometry so I'm just sticking to basic shapes for now.
mAYtfoL.png

The record behind Sonic takes you down when you spin on it(because records spin? aha..haha..) and there are records attached to the two poles in front of him that move up and down on their own.

Ritz made the sky!

@a guy: The retexture looks pretty fitting with the theme, but I'm not too sure how to feel about that pillar and the platforms with some purple on it, they stand out in a bad way IMO. Other than that this looks amazing, keep it up!

@Puppyfaic: Is there an alternative to spinning on it? There's so much custom characters out there that can't spin at all and this is pretty annoying when dealing with such situations :O
Other than that I like the theme so far, keep it up!

a guy, Root (and CobaltBW by extension since you quoted it): Do you mind putting your gifs as links instead of as embeds? Trying to load this page on mobile is hell enough as it is...

Everyone's levels looks neat. If I can finish my last piece of university coursework for the year quickly enough, I'll contribute something; otherwise not. I have active inspiration I didn't have last time...

Last edited:
I agree there, every time I scroll onto a GIF my browser freezes for a few seconds. :/

Also: I updated my Ice Cap map: ( 23 seconds long :/ )
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tplsn02pu3tayx/IceCap3D.wad?dl=0

This is still the same. The skybox doesn't match the stage, and usually makes the stage look weird. The badniks still don't match, so either you make a custom badnik (like the penguins that are actually from the stage.) Or you find something to use that will match. And the amount of badniks is too much. Some edges of the stage are really weird. And also, what's with the knuckles at the beginning of the stage?

Last edited:
@Puppyfaic: Is there an alternative to spinning on it? There's so much custom characters out there that can't spin at all and this is pretty annoying when dealing with such situations :O
Other than that I like the theme so far, keep it up!
Hmm, I was only making this level with the three main characters in mind. I'll try to see about some sort of alternative way to get past that section, but I really wanna have the record spinning gimmick.

A Guy,

I liked it better before the recolor. Yes, the new version is more "thematically" accurate but the green in the background was a refreshing contrast from the beige and brown of the rocks and level architecture.

Good aesthetics are all about contrast, and you took your background from a nice high contrast with the grass and bushes to a duller, uglier low contrast without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back