Resource icon

[Open Assets] Many Minor Tweaks 5.3.1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

EeveeEuphoria

a pikachu irl
Look at the "Overview" tab for more information! All the files shown below here are for an outdated version, v4.0!

Attachments

• tailsball.gif
    tailsball.gif
    6.1 MB · Views: 2,120
  • everysuper and cancelsuper.gif
    everysuper and cancelsuper.gif
    7.3 MB · Views: 1,741
  • preserveshield.gif
    preserveshield.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,465
  • tokentorings.gif
    tokentorings.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,388
  • tailsball bop.gif
    tailsball bop.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 1,310
  • totalrings.png
    totalrings.png
    651.7 KB · Views: 1,546
  • supertrail.jpg
    supertrail.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 1,573
  • recurl.gif
    4.9 MB · Views: 988
  • srb20093.gif
    4.1 MB · Views: 991
  • classic special stage.gif
    classic special stage.gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 822
  • menu navigation.gif
    menu navigation.gif
    576.1 KB · Views: 1,079
  • L_ManyMinorTweaksRevamped-v4.0.pk3
    107.9 KB · Views: 858
  • MMTModExample.lua
    2.1 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
I'd prefer if Tails still had control over his movement during tails fall like a regular jump, and was slightly less floaty, making it easier to land on enemies and resume flight... which you should be able to do. That's just in my opinion though.

I'd prefer if Tails still had control over his movement during tails fall like a regular jump, and was slightly less floaty, making it easier to land on enemies and resume flight... which you should be able to do. That's just in my opinion though.

This is what I was originally going to do, by setting Tails' mode when he falls down to jump instead of spin. However I've ran into too many complications to get it to work, the most prominent being that it activates Tails' super form when used w/ 50+ rings.

For now this is just gonna be how it is until I either figure out or it becomes possible to interrupt SRB2's super form call, since if I can interrupt it and bring in my own code, that will not only fix that, but also allow me to rebind the key to something else, and enable functionality like being able to use it while in a shield.

New update released! Changelog is provided in post.

This update will please Pyrakid in particular, since I was able to get tailsball to work with more control, due to me FINALLY being able to figure out how to interrupt SRB2's super form call, ergo letting me handle it the way I want.

The only thing that I don't really like in this thus far is that it's an all or nothing with super forms, I'm trying to figure out how to detect what characters come with a super state by default, while accounting for custom characters, because then I'll bring back everysuper as a command.

Anywho, enjoy everyone!

If you wish to make preserveshield not work between different zones, you might just be able to use levelname from the map header and a MapChange Hook(because from what the wiki says, MapChange happens the moment the game is told to load a new map, while MapLoad is after everything in the map is loaded) or something? If the value is the same as the previous map, then you're in the same zone. If it is different, then you are in a new zone?

Well hey, thanks! I was trying to figure out how to read levelheader data earlier for unrelated purposes, but gave up because I didn't understand how to. With a little more perseverance, I got it to work, and now it works without carrying the shield to the next zone. It'll be done in the next version!

EDIT: This also unintentionally fixed a problem where the shield carried over into special stages, but you'd lose them afterward!

If you wish to make preserveshield not work between different zones, you might just be able to use levelname from the map header and a MapChange Hook(because from what the wiki says, MapChange happens the moment the game is told to load a new map, while MapLoad is after everything in the map is loaded) or something? If the value is the same as the previous map, then you're in the same zone. If it is different, then you are in a new zone?

Last edited:
Big ol update just got released, I've done a lot of behind-the-scenes work to make everything work as intended. It's all been thoroughly playtested over and over with all characters to make sure nothing's breaking.

There is only a couple minor problems that need to be patched, but they're minor enough to the point where I decided it's okay to release it in this state (all of which are stated inside the lua file itself). Have fun!

v0.4 is now out! Tailsball is FINALLY working how it should! I've also adjusted superkey some more, now you won't automatically use your shield if you have it bound to spin, and many other minor changes including changing all true/false commands to use on/off instead.

I haven't tested it thoroughly, but sonic and metal appear to still be able to transform using the spin key for the first time (superkey set to tossflag, tested in a save already with the emeralds)

Thanks for this mod btw, it's in my "if you're using mods youu should be using this one" folder

It has been done.

v0.5 is now out! Your eyes do not deceive you, it no longer comes with a seperate netplay script, for I have figured out a way to integrate both into the same place. It has not gone through the rigorous testing I'd like it to, but mild playtesting in netplay does seem to show it works properly; and rest assured, it all works properly in singleplayer.

Also tokentorings is now finally working, so it's re-enabled by default, woo!

EDIT: v0.5 fixed the problem addressed above; it wasn't just sonic and metal, it happened to all characters, due to a failed attempt at getting the special stages to properly show "you can now go super!", I'll figure out a way to get it working one day.

Last edited:
Tailsball isnt working when i turn it on
Could you be more specific? Second time I've seen this kinda report, but no description was given, especially since I've checked it to be working before release.

Do you have any other addons enabled (and if so which ones)? Are you using this in multiplayer? And did you enable it mid-game or somewhere else (e.g. titlescreen)?

Singleplayer, enabled midgame. No other addons. Pressing spin or any other button doesnt do tailsball

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

doesnt work if i enable it during the title screen either

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back