SRB2 Doom Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
What?!

Sorry, but... are you talking about the current version, SRB2DB, or about the upcoming one, SRB2WB?

If it's about current one, I didn't find anything about how to edit level name, weather and so on.

You can do it in SRB2 Doom Builder. You edit the MAINCFG lump by first clicking scripts in the menu bar, then click the edit MAINCFG lump. MAINCFG is one of the ways to put a level header in the game.

Edit: Beaten by Chrome.

2mn282c.jpg

Go there, and a window should pop up. That is where you type in your Level Header.

On an unrelated subject, is there a chance that SRB2DB, or at least the upcoming editor, be made more compatible with Vista? It works on it, but it's prone to random crashes that sometimes delete my work.

I've had zero problems with SRB2DB on Vista. If you haven't already, right click on SRB2DB, click the Properties option, click the Compatibility tab, and check off "Run this program as an administrator." That'll solve your Vista issues.

As far as SRB2B goes, I've not had to do that. Yet. Also, SRB2B has a map header editor with a nice little GUI inside to make things QUITE a bit easier.

I didn't know it. O.O'

(...and I have used LumpMod all this time... *_*')

I used XWE to remove the old lump added when I used LumpMod. *sigh* I remember every time I add my wad into SRB2, I get this message:

Code:
addfile ****.wad
Added file ./****.wad (12 lumps)
MAP01D
MAP01

It's a bit annoying to see that "MAP01D" every time. I didn't know how to fix it until now.

I used Edit MAINCFG and entered the data I was wanting. So easy. My map looks a bit more "decent" now.

Thanks! Seems my new map is about to be revealed to the public. >:D

Are you gonna enter this wad into the contest? From what I saw last time, you seem to wad pretty good. If you enter the contest, then it may help this month's contest be a good one.

Ezer.Arch said:
I didn't know it. O.O'

(...and I have used LumpMod all this time... *_*')

I used XWE to remove the old lump added when I used LumpMod. *sigh* I remember every time I add my wad into SRB2, I get this message:

Code:
addfile ****.wad
Added file ./****.wad (12 lumps)
MAP01D
MAP01

It's a bit annoying to see that "MAP01D" every time. I didn't know how to fix it until now.

I used Edit MAINCFG and entered the data I was wanting. So easy. My map looks a bit more "decent" now.

Thanks! Seems my new map is about to be revealed to the public. >:D

Thats because you made an MAP01D Lump insted of MAINCFG. =D

I found a bug in SRB2DB. I don't know if anyone knows about it, but I'll post it in case you don't.

If you set the Deaf Flag for a 3D Mode Start thing and enter 3D mode, the program crashes. I think not only that this should be fixed, but that the Deaf Flag should do something. Maybe it could be made so that if you give a Deaf Flag, the Thing retains its height even after you exit 3D mode.

I'm encountering a problem with editing level headers via SRB2 Doombuilder. Any time I try to use it to do so, it crashes with the following:

Runtime Error '209'

Component 'xmxs21.ocx' or one of it's dependencies is incorrectly registered: file is missing or invalid.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back