iPhone port...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's iphone isn't jailbroken?(It's so damn easy thanks to Geohot) I mean what's the point of owning an iphone if it isn't jailbroken? Hell, there is even broken pieces of code for apache on the iphone, I had it running as well as lighthttpd, they run very fast.

I also got java code compiled under a JVM I think saurik ported over. It's an old version of java I believe, there is no scanner class. It's also slow as hell, slower than java should be is what I mean. (Oh and there are no tools for using java's built in paint component and all that stuff, only way I found to run it is from the terminal, so no GUI)

I think the port would be great with something like this API is about to be released

http://icontrolpad.com/

Last edited:
iPhone port is a strange idea. SRB2 is slow even on psp. Not to mention dreamcast and the wii having some small problems with glitches and such.

iPhone port is a strange idea. SRB2 is slow even on psp. Not to mention dreamcast and the wii having some small problems with glitches and such.

The iPhone is more powerful than the Dreamcast and PSP, and it has much, MUCH more RAM than the Wii has so it has more of a chance of running SRB2 well.

Who here has a jailbroken iPhone and would be able to play it?

Jailbroken 32GB 3GS here, hehe...

If the iPhone can run Doom, it can probably run SRB2. Controls still would be shitty. And the port would probably be a pain in the ass.

No chance of it running Doom 3, Doom Resurrection is the closest thing though :P.

Well, let's just wait for the iphone 4g, supposedly an underclocked ipad processor. I am still surprised nobody has physically modified any iphone to overclock them. I don't care if it's practical, just to show it's possible.

I wonder, IF srb2 got on the app store...would it be free?! It should be because you don't have to pay for it normaly.

let's make it

can't just anybody make the app.
what are we talking about the game being in the appstore if we aren't even having the app!

You make it if you want it so badly. Also, ^^^^bump^^^^
And Sega would probably sue 'cause Sonic is theirs.

With all this talk about copyright, it makes it sound like srb2 for windows breaks copyright laws too! Does it?

Last edited:
This thread was made months before you made yours... Why don't you ask yourself that question.

Oops, my bad!

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

This thread was made months before you made yours... Why don't you ask yourself that question.

Good point, all things considered, I should be asking myself that question!

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

By the way Jeck, your md2s are the best! Thanks for posting your work. (I like to stay positive and compliment others)

i just dont want to play with touch control..unless theres some kind of game pad attachment for the iphone

ok i've thought about the control, multiplayer and app store trouble: (no experience with porting)

the controls:
- tilt for move (forward, backward, turn right, turn left
- fire button (right lower corner)
- jump button (left lower conrner)
- spin button (rigt upper corner)
- weapon selection slider (upper left corner - upper midd)
- console button (two fingers slide down)

no straffe, (i played srb2 2 years without knowing there was straffe)

multiplayer:

- a wad download site from which you can download wads.
- just play online like in other versions

extra console commands:
- clearwads (deletes all wads you downloaded)
- callibrate (callibrate your tilt control)
- addscreen (add and move buttons on/to your screen)

app store:
- the app could be downloaded via a repo, just make it and add it in cydia, icy or rock

any other trouble?

There is indeed a controller attachment for the iPhone, though it's not brilliant. Tilting would make playing rather difficult, so it'd probably be better with an on screen button. Not to mention this would probably be better on an iPad.

Hi guys, SRB2 must literally be on every system that exists.

EDIT: Even the ones people aren't gonna give enough of a crap to play it on when we're done porting it!

I would ligitly help with this, but unfortunateley, practically all iPhone apps must be built with a Mac, unless you have $90> to spend on the PC version,
However if you do have a mac, you can download xcode, and you're gonna have to get used to objective-C (nightmareous language..)

EDIT: Scratch that, seems I didn't bother to read page 1..

Last edited:
I don't see much interest on this topic, and since it's ARM based, and there is a semi working port for the psp why hasn't anyone tried compiling it over? I realize user input is going to be anoyying, but you can just use a keyboard connected to the iphone directly for testing.

iPhone 3gs should run it decently or maybe playable, would be good if the port took advantage of the opengl functions.

Though I once considered this possibility. Sega would sue stjr, all the mb members, all the wiki members, all of the above's families, their extended families...... you get the picture.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back