Haven't played in quite some time

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengamen

So i haven't played the game in awhile, like since last year. And i start it up today but i cant run any wads- I check the website and it said a new version was out, i try it and i cant run srb2net to load wads, i try to run just srb2 it said a wad was missing... Any advice?

First of all, make sure that all needed files to run SRB2 2.0 are in the same folder. And about the wads, the one's you have are probably out of date (for 1.09.4). AKA 1.09.4 wads will not work with 2.0.

I don't think you can convert characters though, however, some of the old characters are in the Releases - Characters. I don't know about deleting all your stuff though.

Character creation is basically the same from 1.09.4, but with a few changes:

- The addition of 4 new frames (That are actually needed)
- Some abilities removed, along with Ability2 being implemented into S_SKIN
- That's basically all that's changed, along with the new Palette

Character design is still easy.

Keep your 1.09.4 files and 2.0 files in separate folders, as they're practically two different games. None of the stuff will work with each other with the exception of music wads, text scripts and the like.

A lot of stuff from 1.09.4 can be carried over to 2.0 if you put the effort into it, others can't. With levels, it's normally as simple as running level converter and making whatever other appropriate changes with a level editor. Most graphics can be ported just fine, but the 2.0 character system has less flexibility for customization in comparison to 1.09.4, so porting characters will probably force you to implement some painful nerfs into it. You'll have to recreate socs completely by hand, as there's pretty much no consistency between the two versions in that field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back