BlitzSonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrispy

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Not sure if there's been a topic on this or not, but I have yet to see one. For those who don't know, this is BlitzSonic.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=o23Gf5mHif0
I just recently found out about it, and have been playing it a lot. I've even started to mod it for a while, but since I never could find a free 3D model editor that supports b3d I never really got past recolors.
Anyways, discussion topic on BlitzSonic.

BlitzSonicv2 download!

I downloaded this program awhile back.

This is how Sonic games should play. Momentum based.

Anyone else notice how the back of sonics right ear has a small skin spot on it?

Im going to test it out.(game)
Oh did anyone notice this
Video by Shadow Hog; created with a trial version of FRAPS and Windows Movie Maker (because I'm too cheap to use anything better).
Is this the same shadow hog here or no?

Edit:Did anyone notice how two of his spines move?DX

Anyone know of a free 3D model editor thing I could use to edit sonic or even the levels?

This game is pretty cool. It's just that the stage should be colorfull and more detailed. But overall its freaking addicting!
Edit: V2 is awesome! But needs enemies.

This has a lot of potential. I'm definitely keeping my eye on this fangame.

Only thing that really bugs me is how the game forces the camera to see Sonic, even if he's just crossing under a narrow bridge. But whatever.

Nitro, i found what you wanted.
Damizean on the sonic retro board said:
We'll eventually release the source code (once we reach the first milestone), so anyone who wants to contribute is free to do so, make a game off this and even work on new features to be added into the main trunk (as long as it fits the project's coding style and goals). If you want to give a try with level designing for now for the game, it's as easy as getting any tool that features B3D export (such as 3D Studio Max, DeleD or Leadwerks' 3D World Studio), adding the geometry you want and load it on the "Stage.xml" located at the stage folder.
DeleD is the only one thats free, Download it here and Download the blitz 3d plug-in for it here

I've tried DeleD before and when I would try to open sonic it gave me an error. something about "Unable to load Sonic GFX" or something.

nitro_the_hedghog said:
I've tried DeleD before and when I would try to open sonic it gave me an error. something about "Unable to load Sonic GFX" or something.
Did you download the plug-in?

I'm a tad annoyed by the ridiculous amount of attention it's been getting. I'm not saying it's bad, but for awhile people talked about it like it was the "next great official Sonic game" only without the unreasonably low expectations.

Also, the controls suck...

It had to be said.

Autosaver said:
nitro_the_hedghog said:
Did you download the plug-in?
Yup

@Draykon
True, but it does have a lot of potential.

Draykon said:

It had to be said.

My thoughts exactly. For some reason, there's a bit of delay between the movement of the camera relative to the movement of my mouse...And arrow keys.

Draykon said:
I'm a tad annoyed by the ridiculous amount of attention it's been getting. I'm not saying it's bad, but for awhile people talked about it like it was the "next great official Sonic game" only without the unreasonably low expectations.

1. Slopes
2. Cleaner Graphics
3. Exceptional engine and physics
4. Levels can currently be edited

Need I say more?

It had to be said.

It's feasible. First off, you'll want to keep the camera up close; second, you'll want to aim Sonic with the camera, rather than just using the arrow keys to move. After that it's pretty hard to notice. I'm also used to having the jump button on the right mouse buttom, but until we can adjust the controls, this works.

I use the joystick *shot* Actually I control Sonic like in SRB2, except that Sonic doesn't strafe but face the direction to go. Since the camera doesn't move to be always behind Sonic (if you set it that way) it's almost like in SRB2. And it's a lot better, trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back