Hosting help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowyfox

Hee-Hawk! That's a Giradonk
When ever I host on Windows,No one comes
I also Have Ubuntu but I'm too busy to fix the Linux Kernel thingy
People join on Ubuntu also,I have another computer People come
I don't wanna use Ubuntu because it causes the Zombie Bug (Yes,It's still in the game)

Forwarding ports are now pain in the ass in my new home!

I use the rest home's built-in free Wifi connection, where - as expected - i can't host because i need to forward a friggin' port! A friend of mine (my near neighborhood) helped me with! He had a normal ethernet cable in hope it has no router (because he said he set it up with his father). So my friend started a ded. server, and i came back to my home, and checked if the server is up, it wasn't!
We checked several settings like:
- he had both Wifi and the cable running, so we turned off the Wifi one
- He started a normal server
- Checked all software firewalls, and forwarded the game
...but all failed! Then we finded out that the ethernet cable one also has a router! :(
So does that mean, if i get a ethernet cable service, i also get a router for no effing reason????? This sucks -.-

When ever I host on Windows,No one comes
I also Have Ubuntu but I'm too busy to fix the Linux Kernel thingy
People join on Ubuntu also,I have another computer People come
I don't wanna use Ubuntu because it causes the Zombie Bug (Yes,It's still in the game)

Why would you have to "fix" the Linux kernel? Also, the zombie bug happens just as much as it does on Windows.

Finally, GCC builds of SRB2 (the Linux builds for example) have incompatibilities with MSVC builds of SRB2 (the official srb2win.exe, for example) with regards to netplay. So that may be causing some of your problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back