[Open Assets] Virtual's MD2 Parade - Sonic 2006 travels to Srb2!

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
This is actually for my BlitzSonic engine...
Anyways, I posted this to see what you said, you've been trully trolled.

Posting bad content just for reactions... yeah, this isn't the community for that kind of thing. In fact, it sounds like just a pathetic excuse for the sake of backpedaling after making an overrated model texture that nobody likes at this point, and you're just making a fool out of yourself in front of everyone. Besides, we're in 2015, no one who's sane uses the term "trolling" anymore, except maybe kids who play CoD.

Just that line alone immediately made me vote 1 star for this thread, because I don't feel it's worth giving any more attention to someone immature who can't properly take feedback for his work.

I'm really sorry. I'll try not to do it again. I'll clean the state I made. And I don't do this just to recover those little stars over the thread main page, I do it because I did something I didn't want to. Don't take me seriously when I do it. I'll just keep doing the requests left and keep posting my progress.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Well, that's definitely mature. If it's for your BlitzSonic engine, why bother posting it here in an MD2 forum? There's no point. Also, what you call "trolling" isn't exactly trolling, it's more like being completely misleading.
*truly.

Ooook, yes, this was supposed to be both a Md2 for srb2 and a mod for BS, but if that's what ya really think of it, I can keep it for myself. I'm sorry, only a dumb kiddo would use "trolling", I was stupid.

Last edited:
I fought so HARD on those textures coordinations of SA2 Sonic, the hardest part was the shoes, but today I found a solution so easy that I actually thought I was too stupid to find out.

SA2 Sonic coming soon.

Here's a new update, so let's go with titles.

Pack Update

So, after a long long time of lazyness, I got some updates for the pack, let's do a little list.

Update 1:

All textures of Modern Sonic and Modern Super Sonic have been replaced with HD textures, for your enjoyment!

Update 2:

SA2ComingSoon.png

"Sonic Adventure 2 Battle" Sonic has been added to the main MD2 pack (The added model even includes all the upgrades!).
While developing this model, I've stumbled upon a lot of flaws, which I didn't get to solve them all. The UV mapping was a really hard process, and as a result, I corrected and added more detail as much as I could.

Hope you enjoy this Update, you can download the new updates along with some other MD2s on the attachments over the main page.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Let's hear it, what did you do to fix it?

I had to choose only 1 face of the shoes and other props to make UV mapping a lot easier. However, because of the work it takes to synchronize the sides of those props, I got really nervous, preventing me from doing it right. Been like that for weeks now.

Oh shiet! Time has passed kinda fast. Well, kinda glad my last infraction expired, didn't know I was *tempbanned*... Whatever, I'll be back with more Md2's soon, will post a few previews though, got some cool stuff done.

its not working for srb2 v2.1 only knuckles md2 worked and tails but tails is very small.

Last edited:
Hi i recently have found this Md2 and i wanted to ask if I'd have to use the same process to add a md2 to a character specific Wad?

Hi i recently have found this Md2 and i wanted to ask if I'd have to use the same process to add a md2 to a character specific Wad?
You can make a .wad use an MD2 by opening the file MD2.dat with notepad, and adding a line like:
Code:
SHADOW SHADOW.md2 3.0 0.0
The first part is the character skin name, the second is the model, and the numbers set the size and offsets. I recommend copying a line and changing the skin name. Hope that helps.

Hello peps, it's been a loooooong time since i last visited SRB2, I know i've promised and I haven't delivered, but let's just say I'm getting some motivation back, I'll go from making a Sonic 06 Md2 to a full pack of Md2s based on Sonic 06, I'll be posting each finished model on this thread until I finish the whole pack to release. I sure missed Srb2 and it's always a pleasure to go back and playthrough it.
It's been your boy, ChaosX79, and for now I'm out, expect to see some goodies in the next days or weeks!

Hello peps, it's been a loooooong time since i last visited SRB2, I know i've promised and I haven't delivered, but let's just say I'm getting some motivation back, I'll go from making a Sonic 06 Md2 to a full pack of Md2s based on Sonic 06, I'll be posting each finished model on this thread until I finish the whole pack to release. I sure missed Srb2 and it's always a pleasure to go back and playthrough it.
It's been your boy, ChaosX79, and for now I'm out, expect to see some goodies in the next days or weeks!
It's good too see you back! Good things come to those who wait! :D

It's good too see you back! Good things come to those who wait! :D

Let's just say it's hard to let go of some things, one of them for me is particularly Sonic! Gotta say it's such a relief that someone still visits this thread haha, I'll be posting some finished Sonic 06 animations very soon!

Let's just say it's hard to let go of some things, one of them for me is particularly Sonic! Gotta say it's such a relief that someone still visits this thread haha, I'll be posting some finished Sonic 06 animations very soon!
Can't wait!
Perhaps you could (attempt) to create an MD2 based off Sonic R/Sonic Jam?

what does he mean by countdown to 06

Means I'll be releasing each Sonic 06 MD2 I go finishing through time.

For example, here's a quick example for you:
ed8389f75b.png

1262c3f634.png

When I finish what's left of this 06 Sonic MD2, I'll release it so I can start on working with the next 06 MD2.

Last edited:
Damn dude, with the SRB2 06 mod coming up, I will definitely give these a shot. Looking nice so far!!

UH OH, GOTTA SPEED UP.

Honestly its good to see you back man, and hope you see these ideas through.

Uh Oh, TheDoctor back at it again xD, glad to see you too man, I definetly want to do some of the ideas suggested here after I finish the 06 MD2 Pack.
Let me tell you I learned a lot more on how to set up MD2s, if you remember, what I did before was just do animations in fragMotion and then move the model to MisfitModel3D to UV map the model and then finally test it out in SRB2, if the model didn't looked like I wanted, I had to do all the process again, BUT now I've learned how to UV map in fragMotion itself! It has made my life a lot easier, since I get to keep the UV maps for when I export the model to MD2 through fragMotion :D

Lach said:
Damn dude, with the SRB2 06 mod coming up, I will definitely give these a shot. Looking nice so far!!

Thanks man! I'll do my best to import as many models from 06 as I can, incluiding enemies and other small details :)

Last edited:
wait so does that mean that you will be finishing other md2's like the modern sonic and others and make more in the future

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back