Resource icon

[Open Assets] Boss Plus (Let's make this boss harder)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Cole207

This script will make you bosses harder with new attack patterns.

NOTE: Only apply on vanilla bosses. if you want to put on The True Arena, go ahead.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• srb20000.gif
    srb20000.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 11,850
  • srb20001.gif
    srb20001.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 11,178
  • srb20002.gif
    srb20002.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 10,793
  • srb20003.gif
    srb20003.gif
    4.6 MB · Views: 10,994
  • srb20004.gif
    srb20004.gif
    4.6 MB · Views: 10,891
  • srb20005.gif
    srb20005.gif
    4 MB · Views: 11,083
  • srb20003.png
    srb20003.png
    132 KB · Views: 10,828
  • VL_boss_plus-v1.lua
    13.8 KB · Views: 3,443
Last edited:
I dont get how you're supposed to beat the deepsea boss. I had to abuse getting hit to get up on a ledge and get some air in order to beat it, and thats kinda dumb.

Last edited:
The fang fight is also just annoying, there's no way to avoid his attacks when you try to go in and hit him. It'd be fine if he actually stopped firing when laughing, but he only does that like half of the time.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

The metal race wasn't that much harder then normal, the eggman monitors he drops are extremely easy to avoid since most skilled players know how to stay a bit ahead of metal, maybe instead he could be sped up a bit and have the drowning sequence take place when you fall behind? That'd make the race significantly harder imo

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

I absolutely love what you did with metal fight though, changing his easiest phase into a bullet hell definitely adds a lot more challenge to it. One issue with supermetal though is that his palette doesn't match his ingame super form. Not a huge deal, but its kinda strange how the actual super metal is a little more orange then the super metal you fight in this.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Brak was actually easier then vanilla thanks to the free super form you're given... I'll try it out with tails just to see how much harder it'd be with a character that cant abuse the free rings you're given

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Woah. Without super, brak is so much more fun due to how big he is, you can't just hide behind those shields anymore, you have to actually dodge his attacks, I legitimately wish the vanilla fight was like this (nonsuper) this is really fun.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

His increased speed also makes the shields far less effective, which is a very good thing.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Although, thanks to the speed and crappy pathfinding, it's a pain in the butt to get him to walk in to the goo, maybe instead of making him go to the goo you could have the nose on the eggman in the middle disable his shield, or just make it so he doesn't have a shield in general.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Yeah, I give up on this fight, getting him into the goo is way too much of a hassle due to his trashy AI

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Overall, I definitely reccomend playing this mod, just make sure you have the all-super mod on so that you don't have to deal with the trash AI of brak, the first half of the fight is fun without super, but the second half where he gets fast really shows just how bad the vanilla boss is

Last edited:
The only problem I have with this mod is Brak Robotnik, I feel like him being just blue is pretty lame. (not sure if it was based on Archie Comics' Metal Robotnik.

Not fully what to do other then maybe remodel him to look like one of Robotnik's ova robots/just making him gray.

Also this will probably never happen but it would be cool if you made his second phase being a somewhat remake of his original boss fight with him having his bat wings. (from the ova)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back