Shadow was extremely worth the hype, and is a character that I really happy to play as and get better as. To be short, he's not only stylish, but has incredibly fun gameplay that's easy to pick up and I think will be a fun challenge to master! I know SRB2 is based on the classics, but he's so fleshed out, he'd fit straight in with the main cast.

As for the long version: You nailed the custom effects!! The skates are subtle but an absolutely perfect touch, and the Chaos Snap looks gorgeous- making using it all the more fun. At first I had a habit of using my second snap to go up, but I picked up on the momentum carrying aspect quick enough to stop doing that- twas a habit from back when he thokked out of the second snap, and the fact you broke a habit like that means you made using the snap feel more calculated and badass. Hitting it flush with the ground also gives a massive speed boost when using a momentum mod and it's satisfying to land! Almost reminds me of a wavedash...
Combining the Snaps with the Homing Attack, you can go real far without touching the ground at all, and I may have challenged myself more than once to see how long a combo I can get without touching the ground- akin to how Copen's played in the Gunvolt series. It makes me wish there was an actual combo system to go with this, because it'd really compliment Shadow's gameplay! (Maybe I'll brush up on my LUA and make that combo system a thing...) But for now, his homing attacks do feel great and I like seeing how the score on beating badniks will climb like jumping on them in a row or using invincibility. Small detail, I really like how he just bumps off walls and floors when he can't hit his target rather than getting stuck or just falling, it keeps the flow going.
Chaos Spear is a fun move for multiplayer, and I lowkey wish there was a Super only boss so I can use the spears and rip said boss apart. It's nice for co-op and a godsend in Aerial Garden! Only wish I knew what charged spears were aiming for, but you toss so many it's not *really* needed. Again, love the shoe animations and subtle cues for spear's charge level- little details like that add up really well!

I cracked up badly hearing the soundclip for that damn fourth Chaos Emerald, I should have seen it coming from a mile away. There's other voice clips too that add to the experience and I don't think I've heard them all by far. Also, apparently using the Konami Code unlocks a special something, but... I've tried on controller both analog and digital, I tried on keyboard and mouse with both wasd and the arrow keys, and nothing happens. Am I simply missing a requirement for this secret? Apart from this, I'm missing a lot of secret content, aren't I? I don't wanna dig in the pk3 yet as that'd be a bit disrespectful, so mind if I get a teensy hint to one secret? Turns out I did miss something, and the code does in fact input via controller~ Also, there's something sneakily hidden afterwards! Not saying where.
Honestly, Shadow has been one of my best experiences playing a character mod and I don't think he's leaving my single player mod loadout anytime soon! You put a ton of love into this despite the hardships you faced and it was beyond worth it, don't let others get you down!! Looking forward to Inazuma!

Trying to input the code doesn't seem to yield results, and trying it on a complete save file is doing nothing, and I've been trying it with both keyboard and gamepad. Trying on the title screen just yields ultimate mode as expected, but no results for Shadow. It definitely feels like I'm missing something and it sucks to hear I'm not exactly alone.

Trying to input the code doesn't seem to yield results, and trying it on a complete save file is doing nothing, and I've been trying it with both keyboard and gamepad. Trying on the title screen just yields ultimate mode as expected, but no results for Shadow. It definitely feels like I'm missing something and it sucks to hear I'm not exactly alone.

doing the konami code in-game (up up down down right left right left spin and jump) as Shadow would trigger the "Bike mode" (it would confirm the Shadow logo becoming red). this allows you to drop random boxes (with Shadow logo from STH) while hitting robots.

doing the konami code in-game (up up down down right left right left spin and jump) as Shadow would trigger the "Bike mode" (it would confirm the Shadow logo becoming red). this allows you to drop random boxes (with Shadow logo from STH) while hitting robots.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing, but nothing is happening. I want to say it's exclusive to the Shadovv variant but I've seen people do it in multiplayer with the regular version, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or if there's something I'm missing, but as of now I'm kind of locked out unless I figure out what this thing I'm missing is.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing, but nothing is happening. I want to say it's exclusive to the Shadovv variant but I've seen people do it in multiplayer with the regular version, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or if there's something I'm missing, but as of now I'm kind of locked out unless I figure out what this thing I'm missing is.

if you have completed the game at least once with the vanilla cast, you will have the option to use the cheat (I recommend using the keyboard to simplify).
Shadovv is simply a meme mocking the pirated screens meme and Gamebanana Shadow

if you have completed the game at least once with the vanilla cast, you will have the option to use the cheat (I recommend using the keyboard to simplify).
Shadovv is simply a meme mocking the pirated screens meme and Gamebanana Shadow

Alright, I haven't beaten the game with every character so that might be what I'm missing. I'll see if that works and afterwards I'll give it another shot. If nothing works then I'll call this a lost cause and just enjoy the mod as is. I do appreciate your help in the meantime.

Alright, I haven't beaten the game with every character so that might be what I'm missing. I'll see if that works and afterwards I'll give it another shot. If nothing works then I'll call this a lost cause and just enjoy the mod as is. I do appreciate your help in the meantime.

if it doesn't work, then wait a bit until the thing would not be a spoiler anymore, so you would realize what you did wrong

if it doesn't work, then wait a bit until the thing would not be a spoiler anymore, so you would realize what you did wrong

That is something I have to consider and being naturally quite impatient, I don't want to have to do that, but at this rate I don't really have much of a say.

Sorry for all that spoilers in this thread, awesome little mod anyway! Managed to clear the game and the challenge stages with him, so I'll chalk it up as a solid character mod!

you should make it so each shield does a different chaos ability but it cost rings to do, like with the explosive shield I forget the name of, you can do chaos blast but it cost 100 rings and has a bigger range than the normal explosion, you could make it so you have to do the same action as chaos spear but you don't have to hold it, that would be sick, love the character how it is though

Aww yeah! Now we're talking! Bring it on!

Did a bit more playing and I did notice a few sprite critiques, which I guess I'll post here incase the mod ever gets updated.

Besides the skating animations I mentioned in my first post, I think you could change the shoes on the balancing sprites a bit. They don't seem to scale accurately depending on the angle. Most notably, the front side angle seems to be a lot smaller than just the front or side.

I'd also suggest maybe tweaking the rotational standing sprites, since the difference between some angles seems to be a bit less than 45 degrees.

Well, I just finished a run through Apologue Pack with him, and he's pretty fun to use
The homing attack + snap combo allows to get a lot of vertical mobility in places with lots of flying enemies

Also the snap is very fluid now, actually being funny to so when Super. And the Chaos Spear is useful to get lots of points and potentially extra lives (if you chain it wisely with the snap to keep airborne)

also the bike is hard as fucc to drive aaaaa i cant stop crashing into every wall aaaaa

GREETINGS.

Version 1.1 is out now!! Grab it while its hot! The changelog has been updated with all the specifics to what has been changed! Its mostly bug fixing and implementing a visual we forgot to do.

Also Spoiler Ban has been lifted. Feel free to talk about the hidden goodies that you have discovered! :)

Last edited:
Shadow feels so slow in this version, I'm definitely modding the thok back in. I just feel like he stops.
I don't know anymore... maybe I'm just a noob :v.

so... now that spoilers can be talked freely... i only found one secret (the bike one), and i wanna know the rest of them as well.
it's for a thing i'm doing (a video showing them for who didn't founded them yet)

Last edited:
i wish i can rage but i cant its so hard to do the code thing for the motobike

can anyone tell me how to do it

i wish i can rage but i cant its so hard to do the code thing for the motobike

can anyone tell me how to do it

do the konami code, if done correctly, Shadow logo would appear in red along with a gunshot sound effect.
if done, those boxes would appear

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back