Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, now the superjump actually feels like a bounce. However, it seems like the limit for superjumps has been removed, which kind of makes it broken. Also, when using the float in super form with models on, Mecha Sonic does his crouch dash thing which looks fine on the ground but kind of awkward in mid air. Another problem is that Mecha Sonic seems to have trouble getting boosted upward by the Techno Hill air vents.

srb20003.gif

I'm sorry if I seem like I'm nagging too much, but I really do want to see this mod improve.

Last edited:
just give back the boost hover and the drop dash, man...

the boost hover i agree with, but the drop dash is completely pointless since just buffering a spin gives you what is essentially a drop dash anyway, since mecha always accelerates while spinning.
as for the boost hover, i think it should definitely stay, since it's not an endless holding move like the current slowfall or knuckles' glide, and you could be able to super jump right when you hit the ground afterward. i just honestly think it'd flow a lot better than what you have now.

oh
oh yes

the boost hover has returned and to be perfectly honest...it flows so much better now. i honestly think you guys are close to making the perfect mecha sonic moveset. so close.
i don't really have any other criticisms rn lol

Yes that's some good stuff right there. I only have one problem. The ability list says that Mecha is immune to spikes, which makes sense, since Mecha is a big bulky robot, but it only seems to work when doing the landing animation. Fix that, and get the new sprites finished, and this will be (in my opinion) the best character in the game.

Attachments

• srb20004.gif
    srb20004.gif
    3.8 MB · Views: 539
Thank you, canine. I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say you should just focus on updating the visuals now.

Last edited:
Yes that's some good stuff right there. I only have one problem. The ability list says that Mecha is immune to spikes, which makes sense, since Mecha is a big bulky robot, but it only seems to work when doing the landing animation. Fix that, and get the new sprites finished, and this will be (in my opinion) the best character in the game.
Whoops! That's intentional, not a bug. My bad, I'll fix that in the description. It's like that so you can use that period to Superjump away from the spikes, hehe.

I really love this mod. I particularly appreciate the extra touch in the form of a unique Super theme. Very nice. I'm starting to get the hand of the bounce. Only problem is I keep hitting jump just before touching the ground, and I dash ahead instead. I think I'm supposed to wait for the landing animation, but I jump the gun sometimes.

I really love this mod. I particularly appreciate the extra touch in the form of a unique Super theme. Very nice. I'm starting to get the hand of the bounce. Only problem is I keep hitting jump just before touching the ground, and I dash ahead instead. I think I'm supposed to wait for the landing animation, but I jump the gun sometimes.
A little tip I have for that.... we put the sound in, not only for detail, but kind of as a cue for when you need to input the jump.

Actually, just one more thing; I think the older boost hover was better. 2.5 seconds feels far too long, and makes him practically a direct upgrade to metal. I think the half second or so worked much better. As it stands, it's basically a hover but you get a boost of speed; the boost leaves you with very few situations where you'll even want to hover for anywhere near 2.5 seconds.

I love the new CSS art. I feel like the wad is already finished. It just needs the new sprites so it can be finally done. Maybe it needs some tweaks but it's perfect, I think you guys should leave the abilities like how they are because they look done. Nice job on this wad, and I'm sure you guys will do a great job on the new sprites. I hope you guys have good luck with this.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Hey, I have just come up with a suggestion for this character.

What if instead of Mecha collecting rings like the others, he could collect rings to fill a life meter?

He could be different from the other characters with this. He would have a life meter which shows how much life he has. Every time he gets hit he will lose health making the meter go down. When the bar goes all down then Mecha will start shaking and then he would explode. To prevent that, the player will have to collect rings and fill the bar. This can encourage the player who is using Mecha to collect tons of rings.

Erm, on second thought, this current hover dash works good. The lack of a re-hover or sharp turning balances out the sheer speed and distance, I think.

Hi guys! I just wanted to drop a quick update here on the development.

I want to apologize for a lack of updates, I have recently contracted COVID-19 and I am currently recovering. Since then, all work on the project has been stopped to a halt. We expect to resume work on the sprites in a couple of weeks. Thank you for your patience!

Hi guys! I just wanted to drop a quick update here on the development.

I want to apologize for a lack of updates, I have recently contracted COVID-19 and I am currently recovering. Since then, all work on the project has been stopped to a halt. We expect to resume work on the sprites in a couple of weeks. Thank you for your patience!
Oh shit!!
Dude, I wish you the best of recovery! Rest up, okay? Your health comes first. I say give longer than a couple of weeks.

We're here supporting ya.

I love this characther. The normal and the 3d model are extremely similar to the original and finding a good model for mecha sonic that make me remember the original one makes my hearth explode of joy. I have only one question. Will you make a new sprite for the infinite flight? Because during the infinite flight mecha does the walking animation. It would be very cool to see the original sonic 3 flight animation for super mecha in a 3d sonic game.

EDITED: oh shit. I've just read about your health problem cause by covid. Im sorry to pop here and pretend things. Im really REALLY sorry. I hope that you get better soon and that you will surpass this orribile moment. Take care man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back