yo I have a music suggestion for Nightlight Gully. If you are going for an upbeat funky fresh jam then try using "Espresso with Bayonetta - For Cyan City Act 3", and for a lowdown beat to kick your ugly Soup shoes off try using "Fluid Air - For Fortress Flow Act 1 or Pushed by the Waves - For Fortress Flow Act 2".

Also i feel like the boss music isn't up beat enough compared to the rest of the levels. My suggestion would be "Rolling Out - For Hilltop Heights Boss Act or Breakfast Time - For Horizon Heights Boss Act Phase 2" and if you wanna make Egg stank feel like he's trying to be spooky then go for "Hard Boiled Premonition - For Death Egg (note this one might be to chilling) or M.O.A.B. - For Star Shores Boss Act". That's all, but I would think about using a different final boss theme that sounds more heroic like "Ode to Shattered Illusions - For Final Boss".

I just want to help make the music pull the levels together with the music.

Got a couple of warnings when I loaded the mod.

Attachments

• srb20031.png
    srb20031.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 298
This wad is really fun in my opinion. But it would be cool if it had it's one unique bosses. For example the battle with Fang can be replaced with a battle with Bean The Dynamite, and the final battle could have a special boss. Not sure what it can be, but it could be a battle with two phases. The first one is in the arena, and the other one is in a bigger place with a big boss.

I see you snugged in a StEJ2 track.

Man, do I love that game...

Anyways, I've played this with Bandages, and I can say that I absolutely love how the levels feel like.

I could point out a few nitpicks, but I'm too concentrated in getting dem emblemz in this level pack.

This wad is really fun in my opinion. But it would be cool if it had it's one unique bosses. For example the battle with Fang can be replaced with a battle with Bean The Dynamite, and the final battle could have a special boss. Not sure what it can be, but it could be a battle with two phases. The first one is in the arena, and the other one is in a bigger place with a big boss.

im very late to responding to this, been extremely burnt out from working on this lately but im pretty sure i have mentioned before that coding and spriting is not my forte, i have no skill in it at all

im very late to responding to this, been extremely burnt out from working on this lately but im pretty sure i have mentioned before that coding and spriting is not my forte, i have no skill in it at all

But you at least just could watch a LUA tutorial on YT to be able to create a boss, wdym

...Okay, that came out horrible.

A really cool level pack that I found really fun to blast through~
I loved the aesthetics here, with not only the virtual levels but also things like how each level has a different time of day! I really like it when the palette swaps to fit the mood- Nightlight Gully is easily my favorite for this, coming off the heels of a sunset level, which in turn came after a daytime stage. The music choices are super fitting too! I grinned like an idiot hearing Sonic Boom come on for NG, and I was surprised to hear the Saturn 3D Blast boss theme. Level design is also really open, letting you build up a good amount of speed and momentum!! Only found one Emerald Token in Dry Gulch 2, so that's a testament to how well they're hidden. A highlight is Cyberdime Zone!! I really like it when the final level is a remixed take on previous zones, and the hard digitized versions of GFZ and such are super cool.

Onto nitpicks. It's pretty easy to get lost at times early on, and certain areas can loop around in circles... Some more rings placed on the main path would help a ton, or you can use the arrows you placed in later levels! Said later levels are actually a lot easier to navigate too, so don't worry too much! Amaranthine Outpost has some electrified floors that break the protection of Magnet Shields, which is also kinda weird considering you can walk on them in vanilla THZ. I was also a little saddened I couldn't fly off through those ending tunnels and got stopped by an invisible wall. I wouldn't mind also lending a hand in looping the music, as some tracks don't loop correctly like the aforementioned boss theme.

Also... this part is entirely on me, but I also jumped into the a pit because the gorgeous looking skybox of AO2 looked like more of the level, aha~

Last edited:
Zolton found this weird void Metal while I was in his server. Any chance you could fix that? (Image is within the post.)

Attachments

• srb20006.jpg
    srb20006.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 333
Zolton found this weird void Metal while I was in his server. Any chance you could fix that? (Image is within the post.)

I'm already aware about this little oversight, and to be frank i find it hilarious and already decided to leave it in there as a cute little secret of some sort

Mini Boss update! Just pushed a new smallish update out to change a few of the bosses or their arenas.

Another tiny update, had to backtrack on the final boss because of a particularly nasty bug with it.

Update time! As per usual read the changelog for details. And i thought i oughta mention as this is the last minor update for the mod until the next major version comes out.

The next major update will mark the first point in development where CDR is no longer a solo project. We have some ambitious plans and would love some help along the way, but the wait will be worth it. Here is a little preview (though it's about a month old)

Attachments

• srb20416.gif
    srb20416.gif
    6 MB · Views: 302
Still, I don't expect such success as from a Tortured Planet. But all the same, I'm waiting for a qualitative improvement of some levels, removal of "vanilla" echoes in the levelpack, custom textures and... the original final boss. I believe that you will be able to do this.

Haven't fully beaten the full thing yet but its pretty alright so far. The level design is good, its pretty fun. Those bees are the SOOOO annoying though

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back