Single Player-only voting (Summer 2020)

Lliteqiel ꙮ

Oh, What a Flopnik!
I might not have a lot to say, but I appreciate that this isn't going about the echo chamber course any longer! Considering I was voting half a decade ago during that time, plus me being a teenager, oftentimes ending up agreeing in accord with basically everybody else then... yeah, that was a cringy combination. This system of voting one-ups that and I so much prefer it. Also I think I can piece together words more eloquently than back then

1. Snowflake Ridge/Spyro Ripto Blast 2 ~ TrickyTex & Tatsuru
    I unfortunately have no experience with the main Spyro games, but I do with the Team Chaotix route in Sonic Heroes, so the collectathon gameplay was enjoyed by me. I guess I like having more to do in a map other than just speed through it and reach the goalpost. Stuff to collect, eye-candy visuals, atypical hit points, badniks keeping you on your toes, Tapeworm music, I'm all set for having a blast. A Spyro Ripto Blast 2. See I just might like getting to know Spyro for the first time and play the Reignited Trilogy because of this map now
  2. Rustic Templar Zone ~ MK
    All the pathways I saw look important and have a nice flow, alongside catering to certain characters, which is ace. Though maybe to someone whom is a brighter eye than me would find it easy and obvious as to what you're supposed to do with some of these springs
  3. Oasis Palace Zone ~ So2ro
    Obviously quite expansive and exploratory, it feels like I could spend a long time on it and still not find every potential secret that's there... it makes me realize how much effort was put into things like the texturing job alone, getting every wall and floor. Makes me kind of turned away from mapping lol
  4. Metallic Madness Zone "1" or GF ~ Kwiin & failur/Kanna
    The massive sense of scale it provides is impressive and awesome to me. Pleasing platforming and level design. The floaty fog, whoa. Perhaps some textures don't look as good resolution'd up from the original game
  5. Wild West Zone ~ Dead
    About on par with its minecarts as Arid Canyon Zone, Act 2, not to mention the separate pathways you can end up at taking them, and the platforming's real good. I personally quite like the transition in theming from a western desert to some Ancient Aliens technological structuring toward the end
  6. Shadow of Atlantis Zone ~ akirahedgehog
    Reasonably challenging if you don't decide to pick up the Elemental Shield, but I like the setpieces and what they provide, each aren't too big or small, and have meaning. Baller skybox. The texturing is cool too
  7. Toffee Tor Zone, Act 1 ~ RoyKirbs
    Good, exploration here and there. Cute adventure. Personally wish the Rollout Rocks could be resprited to something that looks buoyant, like beach balls, to make a lot more sense to be on top of water, but my interest of finding logic in these things isn't going to hamper the placement here
  8. Aqua Paradise Zone ~ Twins'R
    Fair amount of exploration and paths, the Elemental Shield you can acquire makes a few corridors a breeze, maybe too much so. A map where being underwater makes for a fine time. The colors and texturework are cool
  9. Overgrown Heights Zone ~ InferNOr
    Fair platforming to me. The pacing is alright overall, I understand if the ending appears rushed to some extent. Maybe did not need to be as long as it was. "Overgrown" is right
  10. Myriad Memories ~ ManimiFire
    I'm a fan of the atmosphere. The puzzles were not awfully cryptic to me, though, I'm the type to always prefer being told what to do. Sometimes could use car-strength LED high beams it's really dark
  11. Cluttered Cave Zone, Act 2 ~ Riolucariolu
    Probably is going to be easy to loop around an area and get lost, not knowing where to go, so clearer directioning might do the trick. I've seen water + fire before but this is a modest form of it
  12. Heroes Hall ~ Zaxel
    I like that there are custom enemies at all, but as per being a button hunt, it could start to overstay its welcome. Else, it was decent, if monotonous
  13. Hectic Harbor Zone ~ ACStriker
    The badniks are just kind of there, as in, I feel their placing is not quite practical or worthwhile. I dunno why, but this map to me is kinda like describing classic Mario not only in being blocky but also in the way that he's middle-of-the-road, standard, no absolutely crazy features about um compared to others
  14. Cyan Heights Zone ~ PencilVoid
    This'd work better I surmise if much of it was scaled up. It was pretty brief... the hang gliders aren't unfun but I wish I could do something more interesting with them? And then the springs and speed boosts that are there remind me of Dimps with some of their Sonic games and how players talk about automated level design
  15. Anteggtica Zone 1 ~ Radicalicious
    Kinda like that pun actually, but it goes by quickly and is really devoid of rings and other things. The level geometry is competent
  16. Concordian Coast Zone ~ Ktoby & Pronicthewedgehog
    The ending looked rushed, I also remember rolling right through a bridge fence, but it gets an "aight" from me otherwise
  17. Wasteland Wilds Zone ~ SunCyclone
    Not a lot of detailing, and areas are sizable while containing little
  18. Crystal Cave Zone ~ CST1229
    Fairly short, somewhat cramped, a little meager. I don't really want to ignore these areas as easily as I'm able to skip them
  19. Valley Falls Zone ~ Hamsandwich
    The underwater maze was not my cup of tea, especially the first time around. In fact underwater here in general makes me frightful. I don't appreciate having to know each hole in the 2D section is a death pit either
  20. Magma Falls Zone ~ RadicalChaos
    Okay, I thought the lava speed bumps where you can't go too fast were clever, even if they were meant to be moving waves in actuality, but checkpoints are desperately necessary. Some gimmicks were repetitive, and it had also irked me that about half of the fans did not work as they should have. Maintaining stillness for several seconds on those fellas gets stale
  21. Hypertower Zone ~ WasifBoomz
    Nonsensical, also super claustrophobic. At least, I thought it was simple to understand and romp through

This was difficult to order wow

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back