Fixed Egg Slimer jumping off the edge in THZ3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was fighting the Egg Slimer with someone, then he jumped off the edge and killed himself. The Egg Capsule came up, but it got glitched up like this, I think because he jumped off the edge(he was in his pogo stage, by the way).

Mind you, my mod doesn't change any levels. Only some SOCs that I made(I don't think that any SOCs can change the Egg Capsule), and
some scripts.

xcly6e.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking the boss died repeatedly, throwing off the plane movement applied to the capsule's FOFs.

Enemies in general seem to die a lot when falling into pits. And I mean each individual enemy dies several times in a row before actually dissappearing.

I'm thinking the boss died repeatedly, throwing off the plane movement applied to the capsule's FOFs.

Enemies in general seem to die a lot when falling into pits. And I mean each individual enemy dies several times in a row before actually dissappearing.
Yeah, that's been addressed a lot. Two significant cases I can think of immediately are Sharps and my own Blecch Bouncers.

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say Invincibilerize (there's no way I spelled that right) removes MF_ENEMY or whatever flag is used to make Block Monsters affect stuff.

It most likely removes the clipping flags in order to make the boss intangible. Is there any reason why it stops clipping with the level geometry, though? It should only become intangible to things.

I don't think the way he dies is the problem, that happend to me but I killed him normally.

I saw that he died once in the pit, then died AGAIN in the instant kill sector. The only fix easy fix for this is to make the instant kill sector a death pit, and merging the 2 death pit sectors together, so he won't die twice.

I don't think that would work. Like I said, when enemies fall in death pits (ground enemies who can run off a ledge, like Sharps, FaceStabbers, etc.), they seem to die repeatedly for no apparent reason. This probably applies to bosses too, and it shouldn't be happening at all.

I don't think it applies to bosses. I saw that the Egg Capsule raised up again exactly when he went into the instant kill sector. If he died repeatedly, it would raise the Egg Capsule more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back