Castle Crashers

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend has this. The best way I can describe this is that it's a blend of TMNT beat-'em-up gameplay and RPG-like setting, items, and upgrades. It's pretty fun if you have a couple friends around.

It's from the same guys who made Alien Hominid, IIRC, so it has the same sense of humor.

The game has it's good & bad points.

Good Points:

+Great fun when playing with friends
+It's one of the few games I find very challenging
+lolsome sense of humor
+Quite a few characters to choose from
+If you like beat em ups and RPG's, then this is definetely recommended for you.

Bad Points

-Unoriginal story. Most fantasy based games are Knights + Princess = Save, but that's probably just me. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but original ideas would be nice.
-That fucking river cat, or whatever it is. One of THE most pain in the ass bosses except the last.
-Some of the controls such as the moves can be a little complex and take a bit of time to master.

Otherwise most of this game is positive.

Heh, I've always enjoyed this game. I was excited for Alien Hominid and I loved that to pieces and I looked forward to Castle Crashers as well. Gotta love the Behemoth.

Sadly however, I don't have an Xbox360 so I don't own the game. However, my Brother does. While I only get to see him every few months, we occasionally play through a few levels together with the cooperative mode and that is always a blast.

So far, we've made it up to the flooded temple, and I like what I've seen so far, that's for sure. Knowning the Behemoth, I'm expecting a few suprises (in the form of giant bosses or an evil version of the player character, probably the winged black knight) to emerge towards the end.

Have it. Finished it. Loved it. My only (and I mean ONLY) complaint is the level 256.

From what I can gather. its a glitch in the game to level up faster. So now, 12 year olds abuse the hell out of it and ruin the online play. Why? It takes now some seconds just to kill a boss. To me, it just doesn't sound so fun.

Also, I heard its coming on PSN.

castlecrashers.png

Yeah, that's it. That's all I've heard. Sorry, nothing else to add. This topic justed screamed for it. >.>

Castle Crashers is an amazingly fun game, Green Knight for the win. Though it's a shame online lags quite a bit; otherwise its pretty much a perfect game for what it's worth.

Yeah, my Xbox hates me and fails horribly when I hit up castle crashers. It's really lame, 'cuz I'm racing with my friend. We started a Poison VS Lightning data, see who can level up the highest, the fastest. And he's beating me by like 5 levels again. ;\

Man, I have not played Castle Crashers in so long, I remember the first time getting it, I was addicted to it for days.
Then I beat it for about the 4th time or so, then I stopped playing it.

I occasionally go back to it when I see my friends play it, but I never play online with random people, for the same reason steveb96 doesn't, young kids who think they are cool and hack their way to such a ludicrous level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back