PDA's and is the Ipod Touch one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently own a Palm LifeDrive in my opinion it is a classic PDA. I do also now own an ITouch G3 which I regard as a nextgen PDA. What are your thoughts on this and what PDA(s) do you own ? Ps I typed this on my iTouch.

I own 9.

My mum has an old Palm, I have 3 HP Jornadas, 1 h series iPAQ, a hx series iPAQ, a HTC P4350 phone, some other silver HTC and a HTC Touch Pro 2 (my current phone on a Vodafone 24 month contract).

Best decision I ever made was to give my old phone to my mum and get the Touch Pro 2.

I'm sure there are plenty of Apps in the store that could make one function as a PDA.

I'd figure that most such apps would be rejected because they "duplicate features already on the iPhone". Or maybe they'd be hit out of the blue by Undisclosed Rule #759 and get rejected that way.

Kids, there's a reason FoxBlitzz will never develop iPhone "apps".

Though can't you dev on Droid for free too?

Apparently you don't even get the full standard C library (at least, the GNU C Library), so good luck trying to write anything outside of Android's own Java implementation (Note: If a developer with Android experience can correct me on this, then please let me know).

Last edited:
Undisclosed Rule #759

Isn't that the one about the paint can and the pineapple?

Seriously, for once, I guess Microsoft did something right then, though I would love to develop for the iPhone because there's a huge money opportunity if you do something special (some guy my dad's boss knows wanted someone to develop and app, but I don't have Objective C knowledge or an iPhone, I could have gotten one out of that though...and a free Mac, which would be better than my current laptop by far, even if it is a Mac...).

IIRC, you can actually release apps for free on the Windows Mobile Marketplace if you're a student, which I love eternally because I hit college next year. And with a potential 30 million customers, damn that's appealing.

Last edited:
According to Wikipedia Itouch is a PDA. Sorry I'm not on my Itouch for typing this! :-(

Last edited:
Maemo actually sounds like it'd be great. It's really cool to see a company like Nokia supporting open source software. Future versions of Maemo will likely be using Qt.

Think of the implications here. One could possibly run Qt/KDE applications on a mobile phone system, the same applications available in Linux, BSD, OpenSolaris, etc., as well as Windows and Mac. Having the same programs, the same documents, information wherever you go would be amazing.

I would consider Iphone/touch a PDA.

Since the Ipad is an oversized Itouch with computer stuff. We can safely assume it is the next "PDA"

Ugh. I hate typing via portable device. Curse these stubby, slow fingers of mine.

I got the iPod Touch for my birthday a few years back. I basically just listen to music and watch movies on it, so I really wish I had asked for the regular iPod instead (much more memory, longer battery life, costs less, ect.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back