Hello yellow! For those of you who played this stage back in 2.1, welcome back! And to those who haven't played it before, welcome to Koopa Kavern Zone!

This is a port of Koopa Kavern, that I made my self, that simply updates it so that it can work with 2.2. In addition, I have made some small changes to the level design because why not? This isn't a complete remake (That's coming later!) for 2.2, but it does hold some improvements, so let's get to those!

For starters, all three stages have been updated to work with 2.2's changes.
And for the not-so major change, all of the Emblems from KK 2.1 have been removed in favor of Blue Spheres, more specifically, seven of them per act!
Can you find them all? (For clarification, there are fourteen)

KOOPA KAVERN ACT 1
Act 1 received the most changes, redesigning the route for Tails so that all characters can access it. The starting area was opened up a little, effectively removing the short, unnecessary Knuckles route, if it could even be considered a route at all! There some minor changes that I won't list as to not beef up the size of the post.

KOOPA KAVERN ACT 2
In comparison to it's brother, Act 1, this stage did not receive too many changes apart from enemy placement, removal of pits in favor of lava (This applies to all three acts) and the already mentioned inclusion of Blue Spheres.

KOOPA KAVERN ACT 3
Now, while I didn't think Act 3 was difficult at all, I was forced to replace the pit with lava due to how bosses now break when they fall into pits. The only other change was the turrets being replaced with the Cacolanterns from Haunted Heights Zone.

Those are all of the changes I remember making to all three acts while writing this post, but I hope you enjoy this new version of Koopa Kavern!
The zip file contains a singular file, which contains all three acts of Koopa Kavern.

Anyways, that should be everything, and as always, I'm open to criticism!

Attachments

• srb20073.gif
    srb20073.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 1,134
  • srb20074.gif
    srb20074.gif
    7.9 MB · Views: 767
  • srb20075.gif
    srb20075.gif
    833.4 KB · Views: 600
  • srb20076.gif
    srb20076.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 703
  • VS_koopakavern21port-v2.2.zip
    119.1 KB · Views: 1,467
Last edited:
There are no koopas in this kavern I could see. But welcome to releases!

No Koopas in Koopa Kavern?

This is false advertising!

...anyway, overall I feel it's quite a fun, albeit short, zone. I felt the boss was a pretty creative use of the THZ boss, even if it's a pain to hit at times due to those spikes (I opted to try smashing through them as Metal Sonic. I could have switched to Amy since I was playing multiplayer, but I'm stubborn and like playing Metal).

I do question what the point of all the Emerald Tokens is though. Like, I had 5 emeralds by the time I entered Act 2 (I failed the 6th MP special stage due to sliding off a ledge), and had like, 5 left over tokens after I beat the last special stage.

A new update has been released for Koopa Kavern, ironically making it version 2.1 now!
This fixes some problems I was notified of in Act 2's left path, and in addition I've moved the first token in the same act to that path aswell, replacing the Pity Shield that used to be there. Apart from adjusting that small area so all characters can access it and the other things, nothing else was changed.

Wait if their are no Koopa's in Koopa Kavern, then should it be called cavern. Any who i love this level, i especially love the bright colors.

There are three ways (that I'm aware of) that you can use to access Koopa Kavern!

Method 1. Typing "map mapk1" in the console, this instantly loads act 1.
Method 2. Select a completed save file in single player, Koopa Kavern should be accessible there, and as far as I'm aware it doesn't effect your save.
Method 3. If you're hosting a server, or prefer the multiplayer special stages, try the level select you have access to jump to the desired stage.

Another update has been released!

Changes include the replacing of the Emerald Tokens with Blue Spheres after being told that there were simply too many of them and that they were too easy to find as Emerald Tokens. The reason why they were like that in the first place was to mimic the Star Coin system of the NSMB games and encourage slight exploration. This (and the way that you could get all seven emeralds by act 2) were good enough reasons to keep them as Tokens, especially since the hud keeps track of how many tokens you've collected in a stage. However, all of these reasons are now moot thanks to this new update, replacing the tokens with blue spheres that don't do anything but serve as optional collectibles.

Other than this, the only other changes were the removal of blue springs to make Act 1 flow a bit better and a slight buffing of the Act 3 boss, so you can't easily jump up to the pumpkin podium and kill the Cacolanterns to make the boss a cakewalk.

Are the Blue Spheres supposed to do anything

Because they don't, nothing at all happens when they're collected

Are the Blue Spheres supposed to do anything

Because they don't, nothing at all happens when they're collected

They aren't meant to do anything, similar to the Star Coins from New Super Mario Bros Wii.

I would love to give them some kind of purpose but in a one zone level pack like this (and since I lack of any kind of coding knowledge) they won't do much.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back