Shadow Spin-off Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

And you thought SEGA couldn't sink any lower...

http://www.1up.com/do/download?cId=3138745

Shadow...with a gun. Apparently SEGA has figured out that Sonic isn't cool anymore and they need some cartoon violence to sell games at this point.

Of course, I finally gave up with SEGA on Heroes, so I couldn't care less. SRB2 is more than anything that those idiots at SEGA make anymore.

A bit of a shame you did, since Sa3 wasn't half-bad. I mean, fine, it's still kinda bland in level design and the enemy placement needs a lot of work, but it's showing big improvements over Sa2. I mean, Grand Canyon-huge.

This sounds overly generic, though.

Shadow Hog said:
A bit of a shame you did, since Sa3 wasn't half-bad. I mean, fine, it's still kinda bland in level design and the enemy placement needs a lot of work, but it's showing big improvements over Sa2. I mean, Grand Canyon-huge.

This sounds overly generic, though.
If you're talking about the Advance games, those don't count, because those aren't made by Sonic Team. Those at least attempt to recreate the original games, and do an _okay_ job of it.

Okay's still a good thing in my book.

Anyway, yeah, this isn't giving me high hopes. I'd like to know if the first half of the video is hinting at something, though.

Wierd. I just found out about this game a few minutes ago.
I saw the movie, and it doesn't look like it's going to be a first-person shooter-type thing. More like a shoot-at-stuff-while-jumping-on-them thing. (Imagines Shadow doing a standerd Homing attack on a bot, and during his rebound, shoots a bunch of other bots with a laser gun. Then, Shadow lands, and strikes a "I'm the ultimate lifeform, and I pwn j00 a||" pose.) O_O *Drools*
Buuut I question how ESRB's gonna react to this. Guns? Sounds like a T rating thing to me.
Didn't Yuji-Naka state once that he would have Sonic in only E rated games? I think that was the reason he wasn't in Super Smash Bros. Melee. (My information could be WAY off, however. >_>)
Buuut then, this isn't a Sonic game. This is a Shadow game.
And, it kinda sounds wierd to have ANY Sonic charecter have a gun. (OMG, AMY ROSE HAS A RIFLE! O_O RUN FOR YOUR LIFES!!!111!!1oneone)
Anywho, I'm willing to give this game a chance... Or I would, if I had a PS2. X_X

On a side note, I thought Sonic Heroes was pretty good.

Damn, its for the PS2 man.... maybe i should consider buying a used one; those big ones. Anyway, this computer from school sucks. It couldnt open the movie, even with quicktime installed. Ill try to open it somewhere else but I'm actually very interested.

Same here, Playah. It isn't anywhere near as good as I hoped it would be, but it has it's moments. Now about the current topic...

No. Just... no.

First off, a Sonic character doesn't belong with a gun. We ALL know that. Besides, if they're gonna give Shadow a gun, at least give him something badass looking, not that little pea shooter. But that's beside the point. This game would actually look pretty decent if it weren't for 2 things: The obvious gun, and the lack of Sonic. I really hope this is some kind of hoax.

It might be a hoax...
I did a Google search, and I didn't find any articles about this game...
But then, there's that movie... That somebody skilled with a 3D animation program could imitate. >_>

I tried to look for it in sonicteam.com. It used to include an english page, but appparently they took it off.... ill have to try sega.com now

The only problem I had with Heroes is the "pulling switches" and grinding on rails. As for this Shadow game, I like it. It looks like an update of SA2, but only with Shadow.....holding...a..gun....

Ok, the gun either has to go or be changed into some kind of chaos control power. Gun+Sonic characters=weird. Also, with the way that video looked, I'm seeing no way that it could be a fake. Assuming that they tie Shadow's story into the SA2 or Heroes one, I'm going to love this. :D

Oh, I also found an interesting thing.....

THIS!

It is an official Sega poll that contains questions about "what game character would you like to see in his/her own game?". At the bottom is Shadow the Hedgehog: Chaos Unleashed - I think that may have gotten the most votes. XD

Also:

Announcement!

It seems that it is official. I cant wait..... :D

Cool, I like Shadow. :) ... but NOT when he's holding a gun. I mean really, he's got so much power at his disposal does he really need a gun?! :roll:

I think the whole thing is rather pointless. I'm probably going to incite a flame war over this, but Shadow is really nothing more than an angsty recolor of Sonic. He doesn't deserve his own spinoff. Oh, and I already saw that poll, LTS. I was thinking the same exact thing.

shadowthehedgehog_006.jpg

Yes, it's a badass picture, but still. *mumbles*

Chaos Zero 64 said:
I tried to look for it in sonicteam.com. It used to include an english page, but appparently they took it off.... ill have to try sega.com now
Sonic Team was reintegrated into Sega. They still exist, but the name's as good as gone.

*imagines all the characters with guns*
Sonic with a shotgun... Tails with a laser... Shadow with a missle launcher... Knuckles with an Uzi... and all the flickies with pistols.

What is this world COMING to?

Yeah, Sonic Team has assembled along with other teams to form Sega Global Entertainment, with Naka in charge of the whole thing.

But if there's any Sonic character that deserves his own series, its Dr. Eggman. I'd like to actually build this "Eggman Empire" that he brags about in the games, maybe design the game in a similar fashion to Act Raiser on the SNES.

firemario1001 said:
But if there's any Sonic character that deserves his own series, its Dr. Eggman. I'd like to actually build this "Eggman Empire" that he brags about in the games, maybe design the game in a similar fashion to Act Raiser on the SNES.
I would so buy that. A sort of SimCity where you control and evil overlord =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back