S3DR PROJECT CANCELED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Having been a follower of fan games for a while now, your concept for this looks good, but I'll have to see a working game demo and not a movie before I'm convinced that it will work right. My advice is that you do not advertise this game very much until you have about 80% of the playable version finished. The reason I say this is because I saw a project die because they over-advertised.

http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/

They had so many people talking about the first video demo released, that Square noticed and shut them down. So if you don't want to suffer the same fate, I'd recommend some private demo/movie releases. I would think that the only reason that SEGA has not killed SRB2 yet is either because it's not GCN quality and they aren't threatened by it, or they don't know about it. Since you're game is supposed to look as good as the console games, SEGA might not like it. So keep up the good work and don't let SEGA kill your project.

Oh my god, the people making this obviously had great talent and knew what they were doing. So why the hell didn't they make an original game?

I don't get it. If you're good enough to actually make something like that, why would you waste your time and energy ripping off another game so your project dies as soon as it gets noticed?

Someone please explain it to me. Does liking a game enough make you lose touch with reality? Seriously, what the hell?

LTS said:
I would think that the only reason that SEGA has not killed SRB2 yet is either because it's not GCN quality and they aren't threatened by it, or they don't know about it.

I seriously doubt anything like that will happen to us, and it's mainly because of reason #2 you mentioned there. It's a Sonic fangame running on a DOOM engine; that alone means that nothing major can come about that will threaten them. On top of that, we see no evidence of Sega ever having been threatened by fangames in the past, unlike Square-Enix (which, as you say, did shut down that CT project) and Nintendo (who shut down the MFGG, didn't they?). Sega has never gone after any of the various Sonic fangames produced in the last decade (and yes, Sonic fangames have been produced that long). It's almost as if they see it as on the side advertisement. Not sure why, but they don't touch the community at any rate.

Now that they've merged with Sammy, who knows if that will change in the future; we don't know what Sammy's business practices are like. But for now, we'll continue blissfully. SRB2 isn't half as advertised around as that CT project was, so we should be okay. As long as SSC doesn't over advertise, he should be okay too.

Wow...lots of replies.

Alright. I've decided that this will not be a game, but a full length movie. Credits are as follows.

CREDITS

Producer

SSC AKA. Joseph Scott

Voice Actors

Sonic -
Tails - FlameArrowStar/Green/Firekid
Knuckles - Jason the Echidna
Lord Nagafen - Omega (He does a badass job)

Writers

SSC
Cyan

Site Managers

SSC
Cody Cadwell
Brayden Buchanan

MORE WILL COME SOON!

Ooo! Ooo! Can I help? I have two renderrings in Anim8or (www.anim8or.com) that show what I can do. One is optimized in GIMP, and the other is pure Anim8or Hang on a sec, I'll upload them...

Okay.
Image001.jpg

Image002.jpg

http://home.ripway.com/2004-10/190157/Secret/CEmerald.an8

Hey, SSC. Around the boards, could you call me by my old name, Megasonic101/SRB2? It gets kind of confusing when you call me Omega because more then 1/2 of the people here never go to the IRC channel and thus have no idea what you're talking about. I would change my name if it was possible but I don't think I can... :?

On a side note, this is my first post here since August. :eek: And before that post in August, my last post was in... *checks calender*

...MARCH? o_O

A movie.....I guess that program can't make games after all, but a movie sounds interesting.....

a441 said:
Someone please explain it to me. Does liking a game enough make you lose touch with reality? Seriously, what the hell?

Sure. Sonic does it to me all the time. Besides, Sega was busy trying to keep themselves alive let alone worrying about a silly little fangame. But these days...

Those ARE some nice renderings hotdog btw.

I wanna hep. I MUST HELP. Cause i got nothing better to do.

Can i help! Can I?

How about now.

Ok i know annoying people wont help me in any way, so i wont.

Sooooooooo...can i help?! After all it is my birthday (which has nothing to do with anything)

Try for a voice then. I'm thinking about doing Eggman or Sonic or perhaps both... Along with writing the script...

-Silly preview-

NOEZ. NOEZ PREVIEW FOR YE...

-End-

Megasonic101/SRB2 said:
Hey, SSC. Around the boards, could you call me by my old name, Megasonic101/SRB2? It gets kind of confusing when you call me Omega because more then 1/2 of the people here never go to the IRC channel and thus have no idea what you're talking about. I would change my name if it was possible but I don't think I can... :?

On a side note, this is my first post here since August. :eek: And before that post in August, my last post was in... *checks calender*

...MARCH? o_O

Nevermind, as you can see i've fixed this problem :roll:

*repeatedly taps fingers on desk*

So, is the auditions over? Who won each part? It seems as if you are letting this project die. Please don't.

FireKid said:
On mIRC SSC said that he's going to play Sonic's part.

Good lord. Two minutes after telling green this, there have been three replies. LMAO

Anyway, I'm playing sonic's part only because no one would sign up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back