Can We Revive SRB2 Riders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
srb2riders (all old files)

i do have the entirety of the SRB2riders game right here
alongside the character wads (or in this case .ridr)
everything still working
you can find me in the srb2 discord if you need

This may be too early to ask, but can I get a template for Riders characters so that I can make SRBii for Riders?

We are still sorting out Sonic's redesign, so we don't have a template yet. Heck, we don't even have all the mechanics done and sorted, so we don't know what frames we may need to add.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

i do have the entirety of the SRB2riders game right here
alongside the character wads (or in this case .ridr)
everything still working
you can find me in the srb2 discord if you need

Thanks, but I already have those files. So no thanks.

What's SRB2 Riders?
I have barely ever heard of it to be honest

Oh, you poor pleb... I'll quote something from the SRB2 Wiki for you:

SRB2 Wiki said:
SRB2 Riders is a source code modification for Version 2.0 made by Chaos Zero 64, assisted by several other members of the SRB2 community. It replicates the gameplay and levels of Sonic Riders in SRB2, featuring Sonic characters racing through Sonic Riders racetracks on air boards. It also features a gameplay mode that replicates Mario Kart 64, and includes numerous custom Race levels made by the community.

The project was originally started by Dark Mystic as a SOC-based mod for v1.09 and later v1.09.4, but eventually was turned into a source code mod by Chaos Zero 64. After SRB2 Riders was ported to v2.0, its Mario Kart mode became especially popular, leading to the creation of numerous user-made tracks and level packs. SRB2Kart, which further developed the kart racing aspect into a standalone game, was originally started during this time as a spin-off modification based on SRB2 Riders' Mario Kart mode.

If I knew coding, I'd jump on development fast. I was wondering if we'd see this thing again not too long ago.

Oh man, this gives me some happy flashbacks. I loved SRB2Riders back in the day! Definitely can't wait to see this evolve and become a fully-fledged release.

Would be cool if it had its own split community like kart.

So it'll be Srb2 - Kart - Riders

I would even say it would be the Sonic Riders Zero Gravity we needed because I was a bit disappointed by the sequel.

Im curious, is the multiplayer system gonna be just like Srb2Kart? By that i mean: 2-4 players, and the ability to play with 2-4 players in online mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back