Resource icon

[Open Assets] Many Minor Tweaks 5.3.1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
While I was messing around with some of the super commands, I noticed that if you turn off supermusic while it's playing, the super music will continue to play until you end the level or die, even if you exit and re-enter the super form. You should probably look into that.

NOTE: The music restart glitch still isn't fixed. Neither is the boss music glitch. Music still restarts after getting invinciblity/speed shoes/extra life, etc., and the boss music still doesn't give way to the level music when finishing a boss. The cause of this is when you complete an act as Super Sonic. At the signpost, the Super music fades instead of going to the level music and then fading. This oversight is the cause of the glitches because after you pass the signpost as Super Sonic, these glitches are put into action. Also, you should still be able to turn Super during invincibility frames. (Not relevant to the topic but still important.)

One word: Continues.
Also, I think you should think about continues. I love what you did with the tokens, giving 50 rings when you have all the emeralds. Much more deserving like the classics. But I think there should be another way to obtain continues because maximum continues you can get are 8 continues (1 continue + 7 through attempted Special Stages without fail).

5e3676c62435e.jpg

For me, it doesn't make sense failing Special Stages on purpose to obtain continues. It's rather lacklustre and demeaning and defeats the purpose of a properly-earned continue. (I'm not saying I'm bad at the game and that I need continues because I don't. It just doesn't feel right being restricted to a certain amount of them.) It's just that S3&K and Mania had a Bonus Stage as an alternate method for obtaining continues (apart from Special Stages). What I'm trying to say is that maybe you should create an alternate method to still be able to get continues because it honestly makes no sense that the continue counter stays at a set amount when the point of it is to stock and make the counter bigger (apart from using Pandora's Box to get more).

My suggestion is that you tweak the script to maybe have the ability to get continues another way. Besides Special Stages, you could try to do it the Sonic 2 way (complete a level with at least 50,000 points (because 10,000 is too easy)).

5e3676be1d52d.jpg
5e3676c2551e7.jpg

Last edited:
Is there a Sonic 3 & Knuckles Styled HUD?

It's literally the same HUD used in SRB2, but the characters face right instead of left, and the sprite of the character is different.
I have transparent life icons that face right. But still have the name there, as opposed to JUST having the life icon and number of them.

v2.4 is now out!
With it comes three new tweaks, dropdash, recurl, and instantrespawn! Drop dash is what you expect, recurl lets you curl up into a ball any time the player is in the "fall" animation state (e.g. after using a spring, the vent pipes in THZ, etc.), and instant respawn does what you expect as well. Of note: Instant respawn only works in singleplayer/co-op.

Also with it comes some bugfixes, musicfade now works properly when exiting the level with special music playing (e.g. super form music, speed shoes, etc.), and fixed an issue with supermusic not working properly if you're already super. Some other fixes are thrown in there too, check out the changelog for more info!

Last edited:
New update time once more, that was quick.

NEW FEATURE: mmt_settings.lua has been added! When you change the settings in this lua file, and load it before MMT, it will change the settings loaded by MMT! This is the next best thing to having this directly saved in SRB2's config file, but until then, this is what we got!

NEW TWEAK: superhover, not a big one, but this is used primarily by dropdash, to disable super sonic's ability to hover, so that you aren't fighting the game to dropdash as super sonic!

And as per usual, some bug fixes, check out the changelog for more info!

EDIT: Hotfix given to mmt_settings.lua, if you downloaded this update 5 minutes after it came out, please re-download mmt_settings.lua!

Last edited:
Shouldn't drop dash be in charability since it is a character ability? I mean just for organizing purposes. Looks slightly out of place in "the good stuff".

Alright, time for another update! Sorry for making these so frequent, I'm taking a small break from this now since I don't have any new ideas :p

Anyways, dropdash has received significant improvements, it now has its own sprite used for Sonic while using the drop dash! When you land, you also create dust when rolling out.

Superkey/Cancelsuper/etc. has been tweaked, and can now be used during invulnerability frames! This was honestly a left over from long ago when I couldn't figure out how to prevent each other from conflicting, but now it's no longer needed, woo

And mmt_settings.lua has been vastly improved, now warning the player if a value that was set is incorrect upon loading it into SRB2. You can now also load it *after* MMT has been loaded, however you'll be warned to input a command after loading the settings file.

And much more, as always, check the changelog for more info!

can recurl be activated with Jump OR Spin? instead of just spin?
also if u added dropdash will u add insta-shield? or other moves? and set them with a certain key even?

This is unfortunately not a bug, this is how hover is disabled. For whatever reason, the only way to stop Super Sonic from hovering is to remove the character's ability to thok.

You'll just have to remember to re-enable "superhover" after disabling dropdash; I might make it a thing where that's automatically re-enabled due to this.

EDIT: Wow I discovered something glaringly obvious I should've done to try to fix this. It'll be done in the next patch, which uh...unfortunately might be awhile since it's gonna be another big rewrite update so that everything's further consolidated, and I can work on it much more easily.
BUG (v2.6): You can't thok as Super Sonic while holding spin (when Drop Dash is disabled).

Last edited:
I reccomend making the drop dash animation twice as fast at least. More if you think it looks better. But I think it being twice as fast would help it look better.

I said I'd take a break from this, but...I guess I didn't.

Anyways, 3.0 is now out! This isn't a huge rewrite as I said I'd do, but I did optimize the code in some areas.

New tweaks: Infinite lives, Score Continues, and orderpizza! Infinite lives grants infinite lives to singleplayer games, score continues gives continues to players that attain 30,000 score at the end of the level, and orderpizza...uh, I thought we already had this command, I forget.

Dropdash has seen a big overhaul, the base speed has increased, the animation speed has gone up a bit, and you get a speed bonus if you are using speedshoes or are super.

Superhover now works as intended, disabling the ability to hover as super sonic without any hitches!

And as always, bug fixes are here, check the changelog for more info!

BUGS (v3.0): There are some instances when the Drop Dash is performed a certain amount of times, it wouldn't activate. Play around with it for yourself to see. Also, if you can, can you please fix the Special Stage continue counter so that (if you have scorecontinues enabled) it counts along with the continues earned by in-level score? (Ex: I earn 3 continues from completing levels. I then play 3 Special Stages and earn 3 continues from there. The Special Stage results screen says I have 3, instead of 6.) The Special Stage counter just lists the number of continues earned in the Special Stages only. The save file itself still knows how many continues I really have, when the Special Stage results screen continues only go up to eight.

Also, note that your 25K continue system shouldn't apply to NiGHTS stages, as that ensures an easy continue without effort. (They're already in the NiGHTS stages, why add more?)

NOTE (v3.0): Also, you shouldn't be able to use shields when invincible. Also, getting hit with a shield by a boss should not count as a loss in guard bonus. And maybe reconsider the Super-transform-on-ground thing. Doesn't sound very "classic" in a sense.

Last edited:
As far as I can tell, this conflicts with Modern Sonic slightly in that it causes the default HUD to display above or below Modern Sonic's HUD depending on load order. A compatibility patch for this would be appreciated.

Also a small suggestion: It would be cool if there was a toggle for boss health bars. Nothing necessarily too fancy, just something to give the player an indication of their progress in the fight similar to the SA1 HUD mod.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back