• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Robo Blast 2: Apocalypse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flare957

a.k.a. HyperFlare957
This is my first ever wad for SRB2.
Sonic Robo Blast 2: Apocalypse is basically, a Apocalyptic Based Modification, that was heavily inspired by Eggmanway5.
sonic_robo_blast_2__apocalypse___title_screen_by_hyperflare957-d7kgn0k.png

Current Implemented features:
5 new characters that tie into the story.
Support for the original three characters to enable completion of each level.
Custom level Textures.
Minor Badnik Sprite Changes.
Original and Custom Music chosen to fit each level.
Emblems for each act, excluding the boss and HUB world.
Custom Intro cutscene.
Custom Intermission Screens for Each level.

Characters:
Sonic the Hedgehog
The fastest out of the original characters.
Abilities: Homing Attack
212px-SLW_Wall_Run.png

Hyper the Hedgehog (Fan Character)
A being born of the Super Emeralds Energy.
He is the Fastest, but is harder to control than Sonic.
hyper_the_hedgehog_model_pose_1_by_hyperflare957-d7kh0lt.png

Miles 'Tails' Prower
A two tailed fox that is a mechanical genius.
Abilities: Flight
184px-Tailsracingbigfilesizesharpecolor.png

Knuckles the Echidna
The Guardian of the Master Emerald that uses his fists to solve problems.
Abilities: Glide/Climb
157px-S%26ASR%3AT-Knuckles.png

Shadow the Hedgehog
The Ultimate Life form created to help the people of Earth.
134px-CG_Shadow_11.png

Stages:
Green Hill Zone
Act 1
srb2__apocalypse___green_hill_act_1_overview_1_by_hyperflare957-d7kgpej.png

srb2__apocalypse___green_hill_act_1_overview_2_by_hyperflare957-d7kgqaf.png

Act 2
srb2__apocalypse___green_hill_act_2_overview_1_by_hyperflare957-d7kgqrp.png

srb2__apocalypse___green_hill_act_2_overview_2_by_hyperflare957-d7kgr5g.png

Boss
srb2__apocalypse___green_hill_boss_act_overview_1_by_hyperflare957-d7kgrgd.png

srb2__apocalypse___green_hill_boss_act_overview_2_by_hyperflare957-d7kgrsm.png

The current realease of SRB2: Apocalypse will not include the five main characters due to not being completed yet(Namely, Hyper the Hedgehog).

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/x4xadwe92vfm1q6/Srb2_Apocalypse_Green_Hill%2B_Demo.zip

Feedback and Opinions are welcome.

NOTE: Currently being put on hold. Mainly due to getting WAY too in over my head.
Possibility of a few months. I might update it from time to time, but I honestly need to practice.

Last edited:
Can I ask something? How in the name of god Green Hill Zone will pass from the Greeny like zone, to a completely different THZ-Kinda zone? For the love of god, I have to see this. Leaving feedback in a moment, sorry~

Can I ask something? How in the name of god Green Hill Zone will pass from the Greeny like zone, to a completely different THZ-Kinda zone? For the love of god, I have to see this. Leaving feedback in a moment, sorry~

The reason for this is the Apocalypse theme.
The Lava and withered grass section of act 1 is a area that was made to look like it was badly affected.
With Act 2, a ruin type level seemed new for Green Hill Zone.

....Hyper is a fan character, so... CINOS! Seriously, maybe putting some sprites of him to see how it will be? :V

The reason for this is the Apocalypse theme.
The Lava and withered grass section of act 1 is a area that was made to look like it was badly affected.
With Act 2, a ruin type level seemed new for Green Hill Zone.

So, it's like the End of the World in SRB2? Neato! Any ideas of next zone? I can help in something :B

Why the heck did you deem it necesarry to add a stupid fancharacter that is also a terrible recolor?

Not to mention the other canon recolor and then giving Sonic and his recolors the same exact ability?

Also, why is the sky painted directly onto the wall in some shots?

And why would you ever take inspiration from Eggmanway 5?

AND WHY IS THIS MOD 73.1 MB FOR A SINGLE ZONE

Oh no... another super ultra mega supra original character...

SONIC IN YELLOW AND ORANGE :O

Anyways, if the first act of Green Hill looks good, the second one and the boss are... bad and sadly decorated, the apocalypse theme should be more than a level with lava, it has to have meteors, crumbling ledges that can fall on the player...

D00D64 said:

Becuz of supah quality music that has a duration of 30 minutes, directly ripped off youtube :O

Last edited:
You're not touching my shadow. Lol

:o meanie. Lol. But this mod seems to have a good reason, but poorly executed. The levels seem (from the screenshots) as too flat, bland, not much scenic value. Try using some better custom textures, or if you aren't at making custom textures, I recommend rips from games that have beautiful textures. Like I recently discovered, Sonic Battle actually has gorgeous GHZ textures, and seem to fit srb2's pallet to an extent.

I will work on making each character unique within the limits of the current version of SRB2.

There aren't that many limits anymore with Lua.

Also your idea of making them all unique is to give Sonic the same ability as the rest of the cast (except tails and knux, i guess) instead of keeping his Thok.

Not to mention the other canon recolor and then giving Sonic and his recolors the same exact ability?

Also, why is the sky painted directly onto the wall in some shots?

And why would you ever take inspiration from Eggmanway 5?

I have just checked the file and I am now fixing the major problems.
Plus, Eggmanway5 has a hub world that you are sent to after each zone.
I will change the availability of the hub world ASAP.

srb20025%20%282%29.png

No, seriously, what IS this even? How can you not know how skies work!? That's super basic?

Is this some kind of illusion?

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

Oh no... another super ultra mega supra original character...

SONIC IN YELLOW AND ORANGE :O

Anyways, if the first act of Green Hill looks good, the second one and the boss are... bad and sadly decorated, the apocalypse theme should be more than a level with lava, it has to have meteors, crumbling ledges that can fall on the player...

Becuz of supah quality music that has a duration of 30 minutes, directly ripped off youtube :O

I know that Hyper might not be original, but I was bored and the combination of Black and Orange seemed cool to me.
And the music I got off of BrawlCustomMusic.com.
As with meteors and ledges falling on top of the player, it would be too soon for that in the first zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back