Character wads have changed values?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra

I realised my parappa wad now does a double jump instead of swimming. I also realised he now doesn't spin while jumping and can't spindash. What are the new values for abilites and all that? I want to make him able to spin again and i want him to be able to swim again...
I would also like to know all of the new S_SKIN values...

CA_NONE,
CA_THOK,
CA_FLY,
CA_GLIDEANDCLIMB,
CA_HOMINGTHOK,
CA_SWIM,
CA_DOUBLEJUMP,
CA_FLOAT,
CA_SLOWFALL,
CA_TELEKINESIS,
CA_FALLSWITCH,
CA_JUMPBOOST,
CA_AIRDRILL

CA2_NONE,
CA2_SPINDASH,
CA2_MULTIABILITY

Don't bother with ability numbers any more, just use these names instead and you'll get what you need.

EDIT: Oh, and https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/User:Monster_Iestyn/2.1_tidbits lists the S_SKIN values

Last edited:
CA_NONE,
CA_THOK,
CA_FLY,
CA_GLIDEANDCLIMB,
CA_HOMINGTHOK,
CA_SWIM,
CA_DOUBLEJUMP,
CA_FLOAT,
CA_SLOWFALL,
CA_TELEKINESIS,
CA_FALLSWITCH,
CA_JUMPBOOST,
CA_AIRDRILL

CA2_NONE,
CA2_SPINDASH,
CA2_MULTIABILITY
Um Telekinesis? Now someone must complete the Silver wad... Where do the abilities need to be put?
EDIT: You can still use ability and ability2, the values are different so you'll either use this, or play a guessing game

Last edited:
Those are the actual order the abilities are in, with CA_NONE and CA2_NONE at slots 0 for ability and ability2 respectively. =V

Okay, after being interested in CA_TELEKINESIS, I used a silver.wad from 2.0 to see how it would work. 1. Telekinesis just pushes enemies? 2. (I just learned what multiability does) How would I use 2 abilities from CA1? Would this require Lua to come into play?

Yeah, if you want to use two abilities you're definitely gonna need to use Lua or something since characters aren't normally able to do that.

All multiability does is let you use your ability more than once in the air. (Or in the case of slow fall, give you a higher jump height.)

And with that, I'll be starting development on a Silver wad... As soon as I get how Lua will manage to make silver use 2 abilities...

What about the last few frames? c, d, e and f. I heard they were changed and I want to know what exactly was changed about them and what I will need to change.

c is the picture that goes inside the level sign and d is the icon to go inside the 1up monitor. e and f are now the first two super transformation frames.

Make sure you just have the pictures and not the sign and item box itself anymore, or else you'll get some inception stuff going on. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back