• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Pac-man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra

pFZohhY.png

I've been thinking of making a Pac-man character, and I just made this sprite to know what people think and know what I should improve.

pFZohhY.png

I've been thinking of making a Pac-man character, and I just made this sprite to know what people think and know what I should improve.

I think it needs a bit shading to look like a sphere. I mean, I know you are limited due to the lack of yellow colors on the pallet that would fit this wad, but Try to make it seem like it has more depth to it. If you want a good example as to what I mean, view the sphere on top of chao and how it looks like a sphere):

I know this next one I will show you won't fit into the pallet, but will give an example of what I mean by trying to look more like a sphere (this is a simple edit of your picture, with the circle replaced with the chao sphere:

EDIT: A similar idea goes to the nose, and how it looks flat. Try to make it seem like it sorta stands out.

I think his posture could use some work.
footer_pacman.gif

The actual Pac-man's legs are a lot closer together and come straight out of the bottom, and his arms are a lot shorter. There's also the fact that his eyebrows stick out over the top of his head which would help the sprites have a bit more detail.

I know part of your motivation for choosing Pac-man might have been his easy circle design, but make sure you still put a good amount of effort into it.

Yes, it is better. What I suggest is that you move his eyes and nose a little more up, in which would make the eyes get closer to the eyebrows. Keeping them too far from the eyes will make him look unreasonably surprised, so of course it is important to keep the eyebrows near the eyes as seen in the artwork. I also recommend making his mouth bigger.

Yes, it is better. What I suggest is that you move his eyes and nose a little more up, in which would make the eyes get closer to the eyebrows. Keeping them too far from the eyes will make him look unreasonably surprised, so of course it is important to keep the eyebrows near the eyes as seen in the artwork. I also recommend making his mouth bigger.

THdWMaq.png

Better? Should I start the other angles or is there still something that needs to change?

you need a black outline on your character

boots and gloves should be a bit bigger. maybe make the gloves orange.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back