The Classic Tracks You Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Touhou:
Touhou songs are consistently outstanding. A remix of Border of Life was the most significant motivation for me actually playing the games. Since I've started playing, I've taken quite a liking to the characters of Alice Margatroid and Marisa Kirisame. Lunatic Eyes itself is incredible, but it was truly the shift in music as accompanied by her insane attacks that made it stand out.

Bloom Nobly, Cherry Blossoms of Sumizome ~ Border of Life
Alice in Wonderland
Lunatic Eyes ~ Invisible Full Moon
Bad Apple!!
Plastic Mind
Tengu's Notebook ~ Mysterious Note
Doll Judgment ~ The Girl who Played with People's Shapes
Grimoire of Alice
Oriental Dark Flight
Love-Colored Master Spark
Civilization of Magic ~ Let's All Die Together
Phantom Ensemble

Okami:
This game was my introduction to Japanese culture, and while I found it awkward at first, I fell in love with the premise and the music. Great Divine Intervention isn't anywhere near as beautiful as it is in the game, but its definitely a standout. Kushi's Ride is quite a climactic theme and never fails to build the tension no matter how many times I've played it. Kamui and Oki both have very nostalgic-sounding themes. Kaguya's Departure is a tearjerker, I simply waited in the area it played from sunrise to sunset just listening to the music and watching the light come over the bamboo forest. I didn't include the boss music, because I avoid listening to it anywhere but ingame.

Great Divine Intervention
Kushi's Ride
Northern Country Kamui
Oki's Theme
Susano's Real Power
Kaguya's Departure
Kushi's Choice
Brave Warrior Oki
Sacrificial Arrow

Sonic:
Sonic songs have been my oldest favorites. Before I was introduced to Nintendo franchises or Touhou, I had a good collection of favorites. "With Me", the theme of one of the supporting characters central to the story is most bittersweet after playing through the game. The Genesis version of Volcano Valley actually has a melody that could pass as a remix of Anakin and Padme's love theme and the calm sound against the fiery stage always stood out.

With Me
Dreams of an Absolution (Lee Brotherton Remix)
Live Life
Sonic Boom
Endless Possibilities
Unawakening Float
What I'm Made Of
Volcano Valley Zone Act 2 (Genesis)
Star Light Zone

Nintendo:
I've only recently been introduced to the major Nintendo franchises, but I've still found a few favorites in the Zelda games. Most significant is "Last Day" which is eerie and depressing when coupled with the characters' reactions. Gusty Garden is another standout for being the best example of the epic scale of Super Mario Galaxy.

Last Day (Majora's Mask)
Gusty Garden
Song of Storms
Deep Maridia ~ Swampy Caverns
Bramble Blast
Song of Healing (Majora's Mask)
Midna's Lament
Hidden Village

superflip96, thank you for reminding me of that SSB64 track. I love it.

Dire Dire Docks is a favorite of mine, from SM64. I find it so soothing...

Touhou:
Touhou songs are consistently outstanding.

They also consistently use the Im, VIb (or VIbmaj7), and VIIb chords. I wonder if this is part of it. Stuff like Im, VIIb, VIbmaj7, V7; or Im, VIbmaj7, IVm, V7. They're simple but effective chord progressions.

When I think about it, it's like ZUN and I think alike if we were to just pick a chord progression quickly out of a hat with little thought.

----
Oh, as far as some tunes that I really like?

8-bit:
Ninja Gaiden, Stage 1
Punch-Out, In-Game

16-bit:
Cave Story, "Gestation"
Sonic 3, Ice Cap Zone Act 2

I might post more later.

Last edited:
SEGA & Sonic:

Probably one of my favourite series when it comes to soundtrack. The music from the old days & some from the new days is just really good, whenever it was a bit of Green Hill, or a bit of Star Light. The feeling of Nostalga is always around when I think about Sonic music most of the time (obviously not with the new ones)

So here is my favourite classic tracks.

Green Hill - Sonic 1
Star Light - Sonic 1
Scrap Brain - Sonic 1
Sonic 2 Boss - Sonic 2
Metropolis Zone - Sonic 2
Angel Island - S3&K
Marble Garden - Pure classic. Probably my most favourite track in the game. brings back memories each time I play the game & hear the track.
Flying Battery - S3&K
Ice Cap - S3&K
Sky Sanctuary - S3&K
All of Sonic CD's US Soundtrack is also badass

Other SEGA:

Mexico - Quackshot
Final Boss - Quackshot
Viking Ghost Ship - Quackshot

Library Sweet Path - Castle of Illusion
Boss - Castle of Illusion
The Storm (1st act) - Castle of Illusion
Final Boss - Castle of Illusion

Nintendo & Mario:

Some Nintendo games have pretty good soundtrack. Whilst I didn't start playing Nintendo games around 1996 - 1997, most of the soundtrack I heard was from SEGA.

Pokemon Gold & Silver's Soundtrack was really good, and some of the remixes are just awesome, though some are not as good compared to others. Raikou's Battle theme would have to be my favourite music in the remakes.

Donkey Kong Land 1's soundtrack was really catchy. Brings back a lot of memories.

Mario series music over itme has been really catchy & good. Super Mario Land 1's soundtrack is definetly my favourite Mario classic soundtrack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back