Official Level Design Contest: January/February

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonict said:
You don't need to host the contest. FuriousFox will do it again like he has done so the last few times. In a few weeks, the new thread should be up.

So, will it be one of those really short notice months again? IE, March/April

Or is it going to be May/June?

I'll Begin said:
glaber said:
I know full well I can do that, but before I even post the new topic I need to figure out every thing I need to do to host. So far I know i need an email address to have the entries sent to (has gmail for that), a place to download the contest wads from (Has media fire), I need either winzip or winrar (has winrar), I would need to compile the multiplayer levels into one wad with XWE (has it), and the most important thing I believe I need is permission from either Mystic or FuriousFox to host the contest because the last time someone hosted without permission it either got overwritten by the official topic or deleted.
Or you can host them on my Sepwich so the link doesn't die. But now that Sonict has said "no", don't worry about it.

He didn't say no. he said that I didn't need to host the contest. While you took it to mean no, I took it at face value. I know I don't have to host it, I want to host it. That's why I've been asking about what I need in order to host it.

Oh and I still have files on mediafire from January of last year (When I started using it)

If Mr. Glaber hosts it, can he allow for customs too?! :O!

(as in, custom textures, music, stuff in multiplayer maps, though that's a pain in the ass to compile; it's not hard to see why... but still. customs in multiplayer would be zomgawesome)

Ash said:
If Mr. Glaber hosts it, can he allow for customs too?! :O!

(as in, custom textures, music, stuff in multiplayer maps, though that's a pain in the ass to compile; it's not hard to see why... but still. customs in multiplayer would be zomgawesome)

Sorry but the the rules on custom stuff would remain the same. Custom Music/Graphics would remian only useable for the SP maps.

then what's the point of you hosting it, lol

If you're going to attempt to host, might as well start as soon as possible rather than waiting for some sort of administrative say-so. As you said, Sonict didn't say no, so it's not against the rules or anything, but I'm still skeptical. I don't know what will/would happen... Also, you cannot call it "official". :|

I think it's best just to wait, but if you want to go ahead and carry out your plans, then by all means. I can't stop you.

Ok I just sent a PM to FF last night. No responce yet but then again I don't know when he's on. The only change I'd want to make would be to give entrants the option to submit a screen shot along side their multiplayer level so as to know what level you're going into or back into. (IE there was a favoriate level from the contest you wanted to play but you couldn't rember the name but you did rember what it looked like.) It would not be required due to the fact that not all the entrants would know how to take a simple screenshot.

Ok no word from FF. I'm sending the same PM off to Mystic now.

No responce from either one yet. Did they dismiss my request as an April Fools Joke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back