• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Shade The Echidna and Marauder Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiruba

I got really bored after beating Sonic Chronicles so I decided to make a MOD. So far I have a sprite for one of the enemys (Marauder Scout) and a beta level (Vs Marauder Scout). Here's proof that I'm working on it:
I edited the MARAA1 image.
Also, if you want the beta of the level (doesn't have a thok barrier yet and I need suggestions on it) Here that is:
http://www.2shared.com/file/4090542/5e1e1f86/MarauderScoutBattleBeta.html
More Frames:

Prototype design for Imperator Ix:

Also, to really be of some help, can you add more bosses? And if you can how? The 2 bosses aren't enough for the mod. And another thing, please drop a comment by once in awhile! I posted this hours ago.
Shade's frame (I hope this doesn't ruin the topic):

I'll Begin said:
Also, do we REALLY need mods of EVERY Sonic Game out there?

Well spoken I'll Begin. And the answer to that WOULD be no, but every time a new Sonic game comes out, Someone eventually just HAS to make a wad of it.... A bad one...

And besides, those "things" in the pictures look bad. They Most Certainly Need Fixed

I'll Begin said:
Actually, I like it... It makes you laugh at their ridiculously bad attempts to be Sonic Team.
Well then... As I am at school, I can't see the pictures... Too bad, I wanted a laugh.

It was bad enough when ViluVector of YouTube made a Were-hog recolor for SRB2.... I proved to him how bad his sprite was... (Check my Youtube video..)

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
I'll Begin said:
Actually, I like it... It makes you laugh at their ridiculously bad attempts to be Sonic Team.
Well then... As I am at school, I can't see the pictures... Too bad, I wanted a laugh.

It was bad enough when ViluVector of YouTube made a Were-hog recolor for SRB2.... I proved to him how bad his sprite was... (Check my Youtube video..)

Ah yes. I saw that. It was a horrible recolor. Of course, that's what always comes of recolors.

I don't know what you guys are talking about. These are good. After all, I could never have taken nitro's old knuckles, recolored the head orange, and given it a suit like Shade's. That's just way too hard. I don't know how he did it.

My honest opinion on this would to be give up before you start, if your going to make a mod make it original, because if you copy sonic team and your mod fails then you fail twice as bad for copying sonic team who failed first.

Those "things" are prototype designs...no one wants the MOD so its canceled :( Also, can you give me a dang chance? Always so quick to judge... (I don't want to start a flame war)

Silent_Snipe said:
Take my advice and make a mod which is original
Building on that, don't make a mod right away. Many, many people have made that mistake. Make some other original content, like levels.

Silent_Snipe said:
My honest opinion on this would to be give up before you start, if your going to make a mod make it original, because if you copy sonic team and your mod fails then you fail twice as bad for copying sonic team who failed first.
Except this was Bioware, not Sonic Team.

I wouldn't suggest making a mod of Sonic Chronicles, however, judging from those sprites, you should make character wads with those sprites.

Chisuun said:
SONIC'S SENTRY said:
I'll Begin said:

Ah yes. I saw that. It was a horrible recolor. Of course, that's what always comes of recolors.
Why are people joining the SRB2 community just to attempt making remakes of Sonic Team and SEGA!?!?! This is horror!

SparkTheHedgehog said:
Those "things" are prototype designs...no one wants the MOD so its canceled :( Also, can you give me a dang chance? Always so quick to judge... (I don't want to start a flame war)

You want us to give you a chance? Fine. Don't cancel your wad right away. Prove us all wrong.

Good point. I think I did start on a MOD to early. And I had another WIP MOD going at the same time. I'd like to hear oponions about a Marauder Scout WAD. Those sprites above will be fixed.

Donovan the hedgehog said:
Why are people joining the SRB2 community just to attempt making remakes of Sonic Team and SEGA!?!?! This is horror!

*cough*noobs with*cough*no originality*cough*

Chisuun said:
Donovan the hedgehog said:

*cough*noobs with*cough*no originality*cough*
*cough*sonicrpgwasmadebybioware*cough*immakingadifferentoriginalmodanyway*cough*

Yeesh...I don't understand. I should just give up wadding while I can since all I get is negative feedback...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back