I need help with the newest update of srb2

Agent_Octi

When I got version 2.2.7 / 2.2.8 I lost ALL my data from the previous version I cant find the addons folder so I cant use modded characters anymore please help me since I dont know what I messed up while trying to get the newer version to work

Do you still have a folder with a previous version of srb2? It could help since the save files could still be there but if not, did you get all the emblems on that data that you've lost? Cause i have and i can share the gamedata with you, if you want of course.

Do you still have a folder with a previous version of srb2? It could help since the save files could still be there but if not, did you get all the emblems on that data that you've lost? Cause i have and i can share the gamedata with you, if you want of course.

I had like 3.5 / 4 of the emblems I guess if you want you can do that but I
just dont want to do egg rock and all the special stages 4 times ;-; but the only folder I find is 2.2.1 and 2.2.4 patch I dont know how those got there as I started in 2.2.6 im confused

That's strange. I have never patched it to 2.2.8 nor touched my laptop (until last week) because I have virtual school. Maybe when I finished all my assignments, though.

Last edited:
I see, soo you started to play the game when it was 2.2.6, the reason that 2.2.1 is there is because in order to play 2.2.6, you need to install 2.2.1 first to then install 2.2.6 (that it has only a patch release btw) and replace the 2.2.1 files with the 2.2.6 ones. v2. 2.4 does the same but idk why you installed it but anyway, here's the link
If anything goes wrong, you can feel free to say what the problem is and ill try to help :)

EDIT : For some reason i pasted another link instead of the one i was willing you to give. Whoops

Last edited:
1. I dont know how to transfer data
2. I just really want to know where the 2.2.8 ( or 2.2.7 ) Addons folder so I can just play as a custom character again ( And finish the game with them using the customsave mod ( egg rock is too hard with tails or sonic or knuckles or fang )
4. I don't know if its me not taking my 2.2.6 or 2.2.something data to the newest version causing this not getting any of my old stuff, but I don't know how to transfer it
5. Steve is in smash now. hooray!

Last edited:
1. Drag and Drop the files gamedata.dat and srb2sav files
2. The folders with the add-ons are named "addons" and "DOWNLOAD", you can just simply drag them to your srb2 folder
3. You forgot this number :v
4. The 1st one (if you're refering to your data)
5. Nice

I suggest you to install the 2.2.8 full version if these steps didn't work and repeat the same process that you did on your last attempt.

Last edited:
Got it just a question though
What SRB2 folder? I have 2.2.4 2.2.6 but 2.2.8 never came in a folder

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Yeah I'm giving up
Sorry for wasting your time but this stuff hasn't made any sense
to me so I'm just gonna not try anymore since I can't find the dang srb2 folder or don't understand how to transfer data or anything about the new "Wizard download thing". Sorry, and see ya

Got it just a question though
What SRB2 folder? I have 2.2.4 2.2.6 but 2.2.8 never came in a folder

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Yeah I'm giving up
Sorry for wasting your time but this stuff hasn't made any sense
to me so I'm just gonna not try anymore since I can't find the dang srb2 folder or don't understand how to transfer data or anything about the new "Wizard download thing". Sorry, and see ya

We can talk through Discord if you want, you can send the srb2 files and i'll give you an srb2 folder with 2.2.8 and with your data asap. Here's my name on discord : Rafael66642#2648

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back