If you could add one new feature to srb2, no questions asked, what would it be?

Backwards compatibility, easy lol

that is actually impossible. the differences in coding and lua between the older and newer versions, even between 2.1 and 2.2, is so large that it would take ages to port everything, even if we had the entire community on hand. even if somehow we were able to do this for 2.2, it would all mean nothing when 2.3 comes out.

that is actually impossible. the differences in coding and lua between the older and newer versions, even between 2.1 and 2.2, is so large that it would take ages to port everything, even if we had the entire community on hand. even if somehow we were able to do this for 2.2, it would all mean nothing when 2.3 comes out.
They could simply have it so that when you load a mod that it recognizes as being made for a previous version, it will automatically convert the mod to run on the current version. Or, at least, they could include the converter as a separate program.

They could simply have it so that when you load a mod that it recognizes as being made for a previous version, it will automatically convert the mod to run on the current version. Or, at least, they could include the converter as a separate program.

you don't understand, the code and functions used in older versions are almost completely different compared to 2.2's. that'd be like saying we could just turn a cow into a horse just by putting it into a machine.

the only way to convert mods to be compatible with newer versions is to manually port it.

Honestly, not a feature, but I would love for the Suggestions Topic to be reworked in such a way that it is limited solely to modding features, instead of things that could be done with Lua.

...Interesting that this thread is just Suggestions 2, isn't it?

Chao Gardens...

It kinda blows my mind no game has ever successfully (few have even tried) reintroduced the Chao Garden mechanic. It has so much potential for being just as cool or even better (seriously, a LOT could be done to improve it) that is still untapped.

Not that I'm surprised that it ain't in SRB2, of course! That's a lot of work in the Doom engine! But it's like free money for any commercial game.

The idea of getting to design custom chao race courses sounds fun, too.

I love the chao gardens to death but they kinda like, fundamentally need 3D models to work given that chao slowly morphing shape is their whole thing. Also they're emphatically not a "classic" element of Sonic.

My biggest hope for the game is for it to eventually reach a true state of completion, with all the zones that have been planned since 1.09.4 completed. Believe it or not, there was a time when that seemed like too much to ask. Looking at the team's more recent progress is getting my hopes up again.

If you want something less obvious, a revamped control scheme. Both the controls themselves and how the characters control. The existing one, well...it's a bit janky. Sure you can get used to the jank, but that doesn't mean there's no jank.

Having a built-in debug/test map for modders without the need to load existing maps or have to download one from the MB.

I love the chao gardens to death but they kinda like, fundamentally need 3D models to work given that chao slowly morphing shape is their whole thing. Also they're emphatically not a "classic" element of Sonic.
True, as much as they were nice Tamagochi-like they do not belong in SRB2 (and I surely hope that no elements from Modern Sonic would be implemented into the game).

iF YOU COULD ADD ONE NEW FEATURE TO SRB2, NO QUESTIONS ASKED, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

Maybe bring back md2s

I am surprised nobody say this yet but allow all the characters to be able to turn Super when they get all 7 emeralds instead of just Sonic and Metal Sonic which be cool!

If I were to add ONE thing... I'd add 2D sections at points where it's just a straight line from one point to another. I WOULD create WADs from inspiration from this thread, but I don't know how to yet... (no wadbegging intended)

I don't think this is what you meant, but I'd absolutely make things like zoom tubes a series of 2d sections. The current implementation is absolutely terrible visually, just a real nightmare for the eyes.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back