Resource icon

Gem Abilities [V1.3] - Sonic '06 Gem Powers

Here are the Gem Abilities from Sonic The Hedgehog (2006), though also based somewhat off the iterations in ChaosX's Project '06.

To toggle the gems, type "gems" into the console. By default, "Custom 3" is the bind used for activating each gem's power, but this can be changed with the "gemsbind" command.

To switch between gems, use the number keys 1 through 7.

Each gem has it's own level, starting from 1 and then going all the way to 3. Progressing to the next level requires you to damage 3 badniks.
Leveling up a gem upgrades it's capabilities, reducing it's cost, and amplifying it's power.

Commands:
  • gems (Toggles if the gem powers are active or not.)
  • gemsbind [Input] (Rebinds the input used to activate each ability.)

Gems:
  1. Green Gem - Tornado (Stops all your movement and propels you into the air while creating a tornado that damages enemies in a area of effect. Higher levels reduce the cost of this ability.)
  2. Red Gem - Slow (Hold to slow down enemies, projectiles, and environmental objects. Higher levels reduce the amount of energy it drains.)
  3. Blue Gem - Mach Speed (Gain a short but powerful boost of speed and temporary invincibility, allowing you to instantly dash through hazards and enemies. Higher levels reduce the cost.)
  4. White Gem - Homing Smash (Activate while in the air to use this ability. Freeze in place before performing a chain of homing attacks on enemies. Higher levels reduce the cost of attacking each enemy along with the activation cost.)
  5. Sky Gem - Gun Drive (Throw the Sky Gem at where you are facing and instantly teleport when the Sky Gem lands. Higher levels increase the distance the gem can travel and lowers the cost.)
  6. Yellow Gem - Thunder Guard (Activate to gain a special attraction shield, the shield behaves like a normal one but upon being hit by a enemy, no knockback is done to you. Higher levels reduce the cost, and level 3 removes the drain altogether.)
  7. Purple Gem - Scale (Activate to shrink in size and gain higher jump height. Higher levels reduce the cost and increase jump height.)

Changelog:
V1.3
  • Fixed a bug where using abilities in Super above 750 energy takes more then it should.
  • Mach Speed (Blue Gem) now kills enemies.
  • Gems no longer level up if they are disabled.
  • Fixed a oversight where the trail effect for Slow is global.
  • Level 3 Thunder Shield prevents passive energy recharge.
V1.2
  • Variable added for hiding the HUD, mainly for other addon developers.
V1.1
  • Weapon Next and Weapon Previous can now be used to cycle through gems.
V1
  • Release

Feel free to look at the source code and edit it to your liking, but please do not redistribute modifications of this add-on publicly, in netgames, or in your own work. (If you want to use it in something, please contact me.)

Attachments

• 1tornado.gif
    1tornado.gif
    3.1 MB · Views: 3,000
  • 2slow.gif
    2slow.gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 2,842
  • 3machspeed.gif
    3machspeed.gif
    6.1 MB · Views: 1,816
  • 4homingsmash.gif
    4homingsmash.gif
    2 MB · Views: 1,613
  • 5gundrive.gif
    5gundrive.gif
    3 MB · Views: 1,457
  • 6thunderguard.gif
    6thunderguard.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,581
  • 7scale.gif
    7scale.gif
    6.4 MB · Views: 2,299
  • L_GemAbilities-v1.3.pk3
    10.2 KB · Views: 7,243
Last edited:
Welcome to releases! I like this a lot, but this really ain't pad-friendly. If you're gonna use number keys to switch, I dont see why nextwep/prevwep couldn't be used to scroll through gems. I'd also say to just have gems be on by default, as if you're loading this mod, you're gonna want them on by default, arent you? Not many people add a mod to not use it at first.

Welcome to releases! I like this a lot, but this really ain't pad-friendly. If you're gonna use number keys to switch, I dont see why nextwep/prevwep couldn't be used to scroll through gems. I'd also say to just have gems be on by default, as if you're loading this mod, you're gonna want them on by default, arent you? Not many people add a mod to not use it at first.

I agree with D00D but I think another way to switch gems is command gems (insert number here)

Plus one more good mod for 06 experience! It's very cool that you took the concept of gems from ChaosX project, it's more elaborate and fun in the gameplay.

I think is best to keep the abilities to Sonic and could be much cooler if the abilities unlockes by collecting the Chaos Emeralds so it can make more purposes to use them and limit them to others

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back