ffoxD's Lua dumpster

[Open Assets] ffoxD's Lua dumpster idk

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

aquaponiee

So, in the past month I made a bunch of luas because I was bored... Today, however, I recovered most of them, collected them in one folder, polished and fixed them and thought that I could release them in one collection!
So, I present you...-
ffoxD's Lua Dumpster!!

I have made 4 Lua scripts in total, and they are of all varieties, both passive and primary.

Soap Jump

This is a custom ability, it replaces the Thok. It nerfs the horizontal movement, but buffs the vertical movement! It's like a jump thok that changes depending on your speed. If you have no speed, it behaves exactly like a normal Thok, but the more speed you have, the higher and slower you go. I recommend using a momentm mod, as this ability was made with them in mind. If you go fast enough, you will gain massive height, but lose all of you speed.

srb20023.gif

ffoxD's Momentum Mod
Out of nowhere, I made my own momentum mod for no reason. Unlike most momentum mods, it is not based on CobaltBW's momentum mod, but rather I made it myself. I did not look at any momentum mod in the making of this.
Golden helped with the new version, its now entirely remade. It doesn't have bugs, you get speed from all slopes, you dont gain speed from rabbit-hopping... Everything is fixed! You might like the old version more (because you can gain much more speed using it, and its easier to keep speed), but the new version is vastly superior. Credit to GoldenTails.

srb20093.gif

Spin Steer
Have you ever wished that you could actually control your character when spinning? Welllll, now you can! It's inspired by the Sonic Adventure series. I am aware that Spin Control exists, but my mod is better at most things. For example, you don't immediately shoot off at the direction you press, but rather you smoothly turn around! You can also change how sensitive it is by just modifying a value inside the script. Also, my mod is much smaller in size and lines, it isn't as much bloat.
srb20028.gif

size.
With this mod you can change your size at your own will at any given moment! There isn't much effort or anything to say about this one. Press Next Flag to grow, Previous Flag to shrink.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my mods! Fun fact, these lua scripts were mostly done using a mobile phone text editor, and fixed up a bit later using my computer. These mods are reusable, so you can use them for your mod. I may also use these for some future mod.

Attachments

• srb20026.gif
    srb20026.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 545
  • L_SpinSteer-v1.lua
    250 bytes · Views: 527
  • L_FFDMom-v1.lua
    484 bytes · Views: 341
  • L_size-v1.lua
    290 bytes · Views: 412
  • L_SoapJump-v1.lua
    672 bytes · Views: 331
  • srb20082.gif
    srb20082.gif
    3.8 MB · Views: 599
  • L_FFDMom-v2.lua
    242 bytes · Views: 421
Last edited:
UPDATE: Golden helped me making a new version of my momentum mod. It's completely different and vastly superior, and it doesn't even change the player's normalspeed. You gain lotsa speed from slopes. Compared to the older version its a bit harder to not lose speed (as climbing slopes do a big impact on your speed), and there are no glitches that give you infinite speed, so I will keep the old one in the thread. BE AWARE, if you load the new one and the old one simultainously, something will happen (epilepsy warnings, dont do that unless you want-).

With the momentum script, is rolling buffed to compensate for the increased gain in speed from slopes? The problem with some momentum scripts is that they tend to make rolling nearly useless, as you get basically the same effect from running, but without the control lock.

Oh Jesus fucking christ that's fast.
pIwfUPJ.gif

Wait how did you do that- did you load the 2 versions at once? Aside, the map looks fun... I did test the momentum script a lot in trash hills, that never happened to me except for when I loaded the 2 versions at once...

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

With the momentum script, is rolling buffed to compensate for the increased gain in speed from slopes? The problem with some momentum scripts is that they tend to make rolling nearly useless, as you get basically the same effect from running, but without the control lock.
The goal of this momentum mod is to keep the experience as vanilla as possible. Unlike other momentum mods, I decided not to nerf the thok, or to buff rolling.

Wait how did you do that- did you load the 2 versions at once? Aside, the map looks fun... I did test the momentum script a lot in trash hills, that never happened to me except for when I loaded the 2 versions at once...
Your momentum mod has no limit to how much momentum you can get. Though other momentum mods, like xmomentum, do have a capped speed.

This is like, the first momentum mod that works in 2D without any problem, with any character!

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

The goal of this momentum mod is to keep the experience as vanilla as possible. Unlike other momentum mods, I decided not to nerf the thok, or to buff rolling.
wait, "Trash Hills"? i havent heard that name in years, im in search of the map and the only thing i can find is the gif on this thread. Can anyone attach me the map? I long lost it since i deleted srb2 from my hard drive, including the trash hills map.
Post automatically merged:

Please PLEASE some one answer me, the only footage is this gif, PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE ME THE MAP PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I NEED IT FOR X MOMENTUM

Attachments

• srb20082.gif
    srb20082.gif
    3.8 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
wait, "Trash Hills"? i havent heard that name in years, im in search of the map and the only thing i can find is the gif on this thread. Can anyone attach me the map? I long lost it since i deleted srb2 from my hard drive, including the trash hills map.

Please PLEASE some one answer me, the only footage is this gif, PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE ME THE MAP PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I NEED IT FOR X MOMENTUM
there used to be a YouTube video with a download link, but i can no longer find it.. it was probably deleted

i still have the wad, but i don't know why was the youtube video removed. to respect the creator and their wishes, i will not redistribute the wad, because they probably don't want people to download it anymore.

if you dig hard enough, you may find it.

btw, i am working on a new momentum mod, but it will not be part of the Lua Dumpster, as it is a large project.

actually. i think this Lua dumpster may be obsolete.

i made all of these script a long time ago when i was first learning Lua. they're not very useful, they're old, some of them are broken, the ability is pretty awful, and i am not interested in updating any of them.

i think this addon should be deprecated.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back