SRB2 in PC Zone Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSNTails

What part of 'RETIRED' don't you understand?
Apparently SRB2 has a mention in the latest issue of PC Zone magazine, Britain's biggest gaming mag. Does anyone have a scan?

So is anyone going to elaborate, or are we just going to be content with the mention of an article in said magazine? I want to see scans, please.

Surely somebody reads PC Zone.

I can confirm that SRB2 is indeed in the Sept 06 edition of the UK magazine, PC Zone (and indeed, gets half a page devoted to it, no less!), unfortunately, I don't have a scanner or indeed access to one; however, if someone else wants to oblige, feel free. I will be sending AJ and Mystic copies of the magazine, so you will get scans sooner or later ;P

--
Johnny

Johnny typed up the article:

TASTES LIKE HEDGEHOG
Sonic Robo Blast 2 exhales scented pleasure into our eyes

THE YEAR IS 1997. The Internet consists of Yahoo! and a couple of photoshopped pictures of Bert and Ernie being gay in a car. A man on the telly is warning you between programmes not to underestimate the power of Playstation. The Mega Drive was given a nobleman's burial, but a drunken Saturn is weaving around the graveyard, doing piddles on the flowers and laughing.

It's a sci-fi dystopia, so it is. This is the environment that spurned then schoolboy Sonikku to make his own Sonic game using Click N Play (sic). He freely admits it looked horrendous, which is why he joined forces with fellow fanboy SSNTails to create Sonic Team Junior, switched to the Doom engine, and sculpted Robo Blast 2 from a hill of rings, sprites and sound effects.

Sonic aficionados now have a loyal fan community of their own - and it's impressive, considering the professional effort of the grown-up Sonic Team, to see how well the wee upstarts have translated the action of early Sonic into a pretty, and pretty playable 3D game. They've even got Internet multiplayer with seven play styles and ten dedicated mini-maps. If you played Sonic Heroes and Sonic Racing (sic) to be left with a huge question mark rotating above your head, then play this. It's by no means perfects, but it's full of love. And best of all, Sonic doesn't talk or - urgaff - have a girlfriend.

SSNTails said:
Johnny typed up the article:

TASTES LIKE HEDGEHOG
Sonic Robo Blast 2 exhales scented pleasure into our eyes

THE YEAR IS 1997. The Internet consists of Yahoo! and a couple of photoshopped pictures of Bert and Ernie being gay in a car. A man on the telly is warning you between programmes not to underestimate the power of Playstation. The Mega Drive was given a nobleman's burial, but a drunken Saturn is weaving around the graveyard, doing piddles on the flowers and laughing.

It's a sci-fi dystopia, so it is. This is the environment that spurned then schoolboy Sonikku to make his own Sonic game using Click N Play (sic). He freely admits it looked horrendous, which is why he joined forces with fellow fanboy SSNTails to create Sonic Team Junior, switched to the Doom engine, and sculpted Robo Blast 2 from a hill of rings, sprites and sound effects.

Sonic aficionados now have a loyal fan community of their own - and it's impressive, considering the professional effort of the grown-up Sonic Team, to see how well the wee upstarts have translated the action of early Sonic into a pretty, and pretty playable 3D game. They've even got Internet multiplayer with seven play styles and ten dedicated mini-maps. If you played Sonic Heroes and Sonic Racing (sic) to be left with a huge question mark rotating above your head, then play this. It's by no means perfects, but it's full of love. And best of all, Sonic doesn't talk or - urgaff - have a girlfriend.

lol and i can´t buy that Magazin =(

Espyo said:
I COULD scan the magazine, if I lived on Britian. :|
Anybody with a scanner and a copy of the magazine (not just Britian folks) can scan it. =P
Anyways, that's pretty touching that we have gotten a second mention in a magazine.

oh i see what you mean. :oops: On the brighter side of things I put srb2.org on my windows live space :lol: I hope people see the site play the game. :)

Well congratulations, that must be real exciting to have your game posted in such a popular magazine.

There's no surprise in it. Who would make a fangame that has multiplayer and ain't 2D? It's a rare sight. Also, Look how well it turned out. Must be the first Fan game to get a part in a popular Magazine. All this from a Doom Engine. Like people say, Nothing is impossible if you know how to do it and work as a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back