Srb2 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it depends on wether or not they include new levels. If they put 1 new zone in 2.1 thats 3 more levels. That leaves only 5 levels (6 if there is doomship) So the final version could be 2.1 or 2.3 - 5. Or like 2.0 instead of version 1, name it 3. I hope the boss is a mix of ice and fire.

Each bigger version will have new single player levels. So 2.1 will have at least one new single player act (which will probably be Arid Canyon Zone Act 2).

I don't think SRB2 will ever reach version 3 unless there's an engine change or something really drastic. STJr bumped it up to 2.x because the palette was changed, linedef numbering, the way sector specials were handled, and so on. Not making it very easy to port stuff from older versions to the new.

2.10, 2.11, 2.12, [...]

Version numbers aren't decimal numbers, people. :S

The way I've learned it, it goes "major change.minor change.build.revision" Hence, SRB2 1.09.4 would be SRB2 Version 1.09, Build 4. Come to think of it, the number actually got up to 1.09.4a, so maybe it would be considered "Revision a".

犬夜叉;669896 said:
2.10, 2.11, 2.12, [...]

Version numbers aren't decimal numbers, people. :S

2.9 would more like 2.90 in our version scheme. I don't think we will have THAT many minor changes. Hopefully the game will be finished before then.

Is that going to be the one that takes Zim's Base's Slot? Because a previous map still points there.

Kyllian1212, Zim is in 2.0. The zim11.wad & zim.dta. While I'm on this subject, why does saknux & Sonicdx.wad now have 11 like this? Sonicdx11.wad Saknux11.wad.

Spirit Dragon, Zim is not in 2.0. There might be a Zim WAD for 2.0, but it's not in the official game. Also, that wasn't even the question.

AFAIK, Frost Columns will take up slot 96.

Yes, that is correct. Frost Columns will be in slot 96. I just hope that ACZ2 will be as awesome as ACZ1 when it is made.

Nev3r didn't make all of ACZ1, he had help from ShadowHog and SSNTails If I Recall.

Here's what really went down:

Nev3r constructed the majority of the stage, with ongoing assistance and feedback from myself, Boinciel, and other team members. He's also credited with creating a good amount of ACZ's texture set (see: texture creation contest). Nev3r also composed the Arid Canyon Remix tune (which was never intended for use in music.dta, but was put in as an extra) with me working alongside him. He was ACZ's primary level designer.
SSNTails created the very first and very last sections of ACZ1. Coincidentally, he was also the ver first and last person to touch the level -- he made the final edits. He was very involved with the entire process -- we followed his vision religiously when working on Arid Canyon.
I constructed Arid Canyon's tune (while AJ and Nev3r made the digital OGG for ACZ1). I also helped out by creating a number of concept sketches/artwork, providing ideas and feedback to Nev3r, and doing a portion of the item placement. I also came up with the location for Sonic's emblem.
ShadowHog contsructed the right tunnel passageway. He also helped with tweaking and testing the stage.
Senku helped with enemy/scenery creation. He also came up with a few concepts for the zone, some of which were included in ACZ1 and some that were shelved in favour of the second act.
JEV3 provided feedback and constructed the latter half of the texture set.
Mystic watched from a distance, providing some design/balance suggestions and the occasional bug report.
Torgo fixed any mapmaking errors/glitches found in the map.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back