Official Holiday 2013 Haul Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Well, we know everyone's going to go here, so please keep all "holy crap I got X for Christmas" posts into this thread. Pictures often preferred =P

Cannot get a picture of it at the moment but my gift were a Windows 8 Dell computer, which I have been using for months now, and an Action Pack Box of Bear Old Spice.

Last edited:
On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

... I donno yet, still got less than a hour to go. But Merry Christmas to everyone else who is ahead of me!

I got to play 2.1 for Christmas.

Yeah the new Chaos Domain release was a blast.

No picture because no way to get it onto my computer for upload, but here's my christmas plunder.

Raising Steam by Terry Pratchett.
Mega Man Gigamix Volume 3
Batman Arkham Origins
Batman the animated series volume 2
Paranoia Agent
Pacific Rim
My Little Pony crystal empire set (yup I cant say I was expecting that)
A Nokia Lumina 520 phone

also lots of chocolate and some clothes.

All in all, a great haul for me this year.

zelda_3ds_xl.jpg

Plus money to buy games. The 3D effect really trips me out.

So, uh.

Geforce GTX 650 2GB graphic card (Can finally play AC4, woohoo)
GX Gaming keyboard and mouse
Some T-shirts, socks, pyjamas
Simpsons/Futurama crossover comic book and a book of all view towers in Czech R.
Black Flag key trinket
Darth Vader minifig with bouncy head
And to top it off, MLP stickers! Yeah, that was very unexpected

Pics coming later, once I get my hands on PSV again.

Last edited:
Can't really be bothered with a picture, so I'll just list the main things of what I got (along with some comments):

*A 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle (yaaay :D ...now where on earth can I build this)
*A book of more than 500 Sudoku puzzles (aaaaaaaaaaa.... can I ever get a rest from these?)
*A booklet of Kakuro puzzles (these are similar to Sudoku btw)
*A "Beyond Sudoku" puzzle book (gah, not another one of these, I was just done with the last one I got, finished it only back during summer even :S )
*The Douglas Adams book collection (including, yes you know it, the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!)
*A book of origami animals to make (paper not included sadly :< )
*Some pads of paper and polypockets (will be useful for uni at least)
*Some other small things there and there
*The usual money (obviously not revealing how much lol)

Welp, pretty decent haul considering how this year's been going.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Cardfight Vanguard set 10 booster box
5 assorted manga
The Legend of the Mystical Ninja for SNES =P
Massive amounts of candy (yay Kasugai gummies)

I'm getting an HDMI capture device over the weekend. Maybe some other things too. Christmas is happening a few days late at my household.

I did get a few Steam games from friends as gifts, though! Crazy Taxi, HL2 Ep2, and Castle Crashers. Pretty nice.

Christmas Eve white elephant gifts
-artificial strawberry liquorice from Walgreens....yum?
-some type of small globe with Santa in it and a Christmas tree
-"bird watching" "long viewing glasses"
-some cash

Christmas gifts so far.
-2 very nice long-sleeve jacket/shirts
-A star wars ship with overgrown Yoda head popping out for no reason, hilarity was probably ensued.
-My first smart phone, but the camera turned out to be defective. I will either get a new one of the same model or use the refund for a different phone. Luckily, we just received the package yesterday so they should be able to take it back and we would hopefully get a full refund with no restocking fees and stuff like that.
-Finally Chicago Blackhawks tickets! I love watching hockey games, so this is going to be really fun for me. These tickets aren't exactly cheap either.

Last edited:
This year my apathy was so strong, I didn't bother requesting anything specific. So I got Pony and money.
ygP5zEp.jpg

Nothing worth a picture, but this was mostly Gift Card: The Christmas. Which is fine by me.

$50 PSN Card
$50 Nintendo eShop Card
$20 Taco Bell Card
Starbucks Card (don't know how much)
$10 Gamestop Card
A brand new watch
These really nice gloves that are fingerless. But when your fingers are sad, you cover them and they become mittens fit for kittens.

Well, I have no method of putting photos onto my pc at the moment, but here's what I got:
Some gorilla slippers
Ski gloves
and a Wii U bundled with Zelda Wind Waker HD. Unfortunately, this is the worst time as the servers of the e-shop are overflown and I cannot enter it because of this.

1950incincinnati.JPG

Here's me wearing the suit I got for Christmas. Made in Cincinnati in 1950, it's older than my parents.

metalcomb.JPG

I also got a metal comb. Beautiful.

Didn't get a whole lot this Christmas... Just a $15 iTunes gift card and some cologne. Oh, and I also got some money that I'll be spending on some upgrades for my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back