• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Community Hangout Design Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up, once the contest is over I am releasing the zip file in Submissions. I will mark it reusable unless any person who enters objects, in which case I will promptly mark it nonreusable.

I'll also remove your map from the zip of you don't want it released on the mb. Good luck!

Loud sigh from nose
unknown.png

At this point I'm desperate for submissions. I don't even know why at this point the whole contest was a joke, but I'm excited seeing all the new stuff in the discord for it.

Welcome to deadline extension hell. October 31st deadline, I expect to see at least something hella spooky, so don't dissappoint me :threat:.

Oh now I can actually get involved as I wanted to, for final release of my mod, make a room to show off Tails Doll in

...I'll probably proceed to forget to make the hang out version in time but hey, I can actually take a shot at this

Aaand, one final change to submissions.

If you don't want to send it to me in discord, you can post the map file itself here in this thread.

This can be a good place to learn how to make a map. I'll try to get something in by spooky night

I'm glad to see this got an extension! The concept is too cool for it to die due to bad timing and all.

Much to some people's chagrin, RPers are and have always made up a large part of SRB2's younger playerbase. Personally, I think that's great, and I remember exploring some of the cooler RP maps (like SF94 city) in the past and thinking "wow, I would have loved playing here with my friends when I was younger." I even tried making one myself at some point, but it never got completed, RIP

If I didn't have so many projects on my hand I'd have happily hopped into this and given it a crack myself. Having played on lots of servers when I was younger, I always went toward hangouts and Roleplay servers to have a few good laughs and just relax. It's lovely to see that not everyone is so against it, and it's even lovelier to see people enjoy making hangout maps like this! Good luck to all!

Are UDMF maps allowed in the Community Hangout Design Contest?

If the game can run them along with running other maps, I don't see why not.

Oh, and just a heads up to anyone including custom Lua scripts and textures/objects, I'm packaging these all into a single pk3, so try not to have it interfere with vanilla assets. If any custom objects interfere with each other I will (try to) sort it out.

I even tried making one myself at some point, but it never got completed, RIP

Finish it.
760680871564673095.png

Everything that was a part of UDMF-next was merged into 2.2.7. It should run UDMF stages just fine.

That being said UDMF isn't nearly fully developed, so the base binary format is still more versatile... for now.

Fifteen days left! Get your maps ready Soon.

Last edited:
Do not make the mistake as to try and rely on Kwiin needing extend the deadline this time please! I'm curious what everyone's gonna make.

So 15 days huh? Hangout maps aren't really "level design" as much as they are space to have a fun roleplay, just make sure you include enough details for one to theoretically live in.

The point is, it will not be difficult to develop something like this on a 15 day deadline.

My submission

Its completely unremarkable, but It'll bolster the submission count.

Attachments

• Minihangout.zip
    766.8 KB · Views: 111
My map is finally done! I already submitted it to Kwiin on Discord. Can't wait to play the other submissions.
srb20655.png

Deadline is tomorrow, get any last minute scragglers in while you can!
If your map wasn't ready by this period, that's okay! The next submission and voting period starts directly after the first.
I finally updated the beginning thread post, there's some important changes, so please read it!

But this wont be the only voting period! It won't be the only submission period either!
I've come up with a system to go about submission and voting periods, and I think you guys will all find it very fun.

Every month there will be a new voting period, the next one is November 31st! It will have every single map submitted in each previous voting period included. (What that means is that the December voting period will include the same maps as this November voting period, plus new ones) Give me new submissions whenever, and I will include them in the next contests pack. This also means that if your map flopped at first, you have a whole new voting period to fix it up. You can have as many maps submitted as you want! If you really want your stage removed from the pack, I'll do it.

The game (Yes, game, that's what makes this fun!) is to make your map win as many voting periods as possible. I will organize everything into a leaderboard into a separate thread which I'll update with wins for every contest.

The goal here is to incentivize lots and lots of polish. You're allowed to update your submissions for subsequent voting periods (actually I WANT you to do this. It'll also help your map continuously higher). After a few voting periods I'm expecting to have a boatload of unreasonably polished maps for you all to enjoy!

Yes I know it's extremely unorthodox, but that's what'll make it interesting!

So it's kinda like we dump our submissions into a hat and one gets pulled out every month. This'll definitely give me more time to work on a hangout map due to having to deal with school and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back