Resource icon

[Open Assets] Anglestand 1.5.1 - AngleAbility

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Stonecutter

attachment.php

This addon is an update to Krabs' anglestand script found here.

Now, characters can play their idle and edge animations when facing any angle relative to the camera, and vanilla characters no longer autoturn to face the camera when performing abilities in place.

[SIZE=+2]Console Commands[/SIZE]
- angle_strafe - toggles wether autoturn canceling applies to strafe mode users. Only usable by admins in online play.

- angle_fall - toggles compatibility with FallingAnimations.lua. Only usable by admins in online play.

- angle_autosave - toggles whether Anglestand should automatically save whenever you change its settings. Singleplayer use only.

- angle_save - saves current Anglestand settings to a file. Singleplayer use only.

- angle_load - loads Anglestand settings from a file. Singleplayer use only.

- angle_settings - Prints the current Anglestand settings to the console.

[SIZE=+2]Changelog[/SIZE]
v1.5.1
- Moving while on a rollout rock now properly cancels the idle animation
- When the Anglestand settings are loaded in, they all print to the console now.

v1.5 - Bugfixes, improved addon compatability, prevent abilities from causing autoturning, re-implements support for strafe mode, adds console commands for minor customization.
Bugfixes:

- IdleDelay reduced to three seconds from five seconds, to match the vanilla delay before the idle animation begins.
- Tails' tails now snap to him properly upon exiting objectplace mode.
- Tails' tails now snap to him properly when he teleports.
- Tails' tails no longer disappear when in strafe mode with strafe mode Anglestand enabled.

Autoturn removal added to the following states:

- S_PLAY_FLY, S_PLAY_SWIM, S_PLAY_FLY_TIRED

- S_PLAY_TWINSPIN

- S_PLAY_BOUNCE, S_PLAY_BOUNCE_LANDING

- S_PLAY_FLOAT

-S_PLAY_SPRING, S_PLAY_FALL

Compatibility Improvements:
- SMS Reborn's HMS is no longer forced into an idle animation.
- Anglestand no longer breaks Silver's idle animation.
- Anglestand no longer breaks Dirk's idle animation.
- Bunnie Rabbot's flight no longer autoturns.
- Adds compatibility fix for FallingAnimations.lua, but it must be manually activated through the console.

New Console Commands:
- angle_strafe - toggles wether autoturn canceling applies to strafe mode users. Only usable by admins in online play.
- angle_fall - toggles compatibility with FallingAnimations.lua. Only usable by admins in online play.
- angle_autosave - toggles whether Anglestand should automatically save whenever you change its settings. Singleplayer use only.
- angle_save - saves current Anglestand settings to a file. Singleplayer use only.
- angle_load - loads Anglestand settings from a file. Singleplayer use only.
- angle_settings - Prints the current Anglestand settings to the console.

v1.4 - Fixes known issues, disables script from affecting players in strafe mode.

- Tails' tails no longer disappear when he enters his idle animation.
- This script no longer affects players in strafe mode, this resolves the issue with Tails' tails appearing at wrong angles when in strafe mode. If you would like to be able to use this script in strafe mode, let me know and I'll come up with another solution.

- Enables autoturning when in minecarts.
- No longer begins players' idle animation when they are super.

v1.3
- Extends autoturn prevention to edge animations.
- Tweaks idle speed for increased accuracy to the vanilla idle animation.

v1.2 - Minor optimizations to my edits.

v1.1 - Enables idle animations when facing directions other than away from the camera.

[SIZE=+2]Known Issues[/SIZE]
None, as of October 14, 2020.

Attachments

• VL_anglestand-v1.1.lua
    1.6 KB · Views: 414
  • srb20016.gif
    srb20016.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 12,640
  • VL_anglestand-v1.2.lua
    1.7 KB · Views: 450
  • VL_anglestand-v1.3.lua
    1.6 KB · Views: 600
  • VL_anglestand-v1.4.lua
    3 KB · Views: 354
  • VL_anglestand-v1.5.lua
    13.7 KB · Views: 401
  • VL_anglestand-v1.5.1.lua
    14.2 KB · Views: 2,128
Last edited:
Alright, everything checks out, so welcome to releases!

EDIT: Oh, you got me on the post-approval cleanup, sorry about that. I read it, so its all fine.

This also brings out Super Sonic's "waiting animation". It consists of a yellow standard Sonic sprite, as he's normally not meant to have one. Another thing is that the angle that the character is facing probably shouldn't change when in an ACZ 2 mine cart. It looks unsettling.

Last edited:
Thanks for the bug report. I've updated the "Known Issues" section of the page accordingly, and will resolve them as soon as I have time.

Issue: This doesn't account for minecarts, you still stay in the same angle, resulting in the possibility of being stared at.

So uh
Super Forms use idle frames.
EDIT: Just realized this was already pointed out.

I finally found time to get back to this. Anglestand is now updated to v1.4 which resolves the following issues:
- super forms no longer use idle frames
- now accounts for minecarts
- tails' tails no longer disappear when he enters his idle animation
- no longer affects players in strafe mode.

Let me know if you find any more bugs or if you want to be able to use this in strafe mode.

Little bug I noticed that happens specifically with SMS. I don't know if you'll add compatibility to fix this, but I figured I'd report it anyway, since I play SMS fairly regularly.

If you're playing as SMS and turn into HMS, the idle animation still tries to play because of this script. It ends up using SMS's idle sprites, so he appears to have detransformed. Would be cool if there was some sort of patch to prevent that, since I really like the new update to this otherwise.

Another couple of bugs I found: Tails's tails don't disappear when in objectplace mode. And sometimes, his tails aren't properly adjusted to the angle he's facing while teleporting.

Last edited:
Another couple of bugs I found: Tails's tails don't disappear when in objectplace mode. And sometimes, his tails aren't properly adjusted to the angle he's facing while teleporting.

Thanks for the bug report! In truth, this was the first time I'd heard of objectplace mode, but I have no excuse for the other issues that Tails has had. I haven't been playtesting this as much as I should have prior to releasing updates.

I've updated the Known Issues section of this page and will address these bugs in the next update.

Little bug I noticed that happens specifically with SMS.

Doesn't sound like that'll be difficult to fix. I'll try to fix SMS support in the next update as well.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Turns out that the objectplace issues can't be fixed from lua alone. It'll have to wait until SRB2 2.2.9.

Edit: I jumped to conclusions. I misunderstood the issue and believed that I would need to detect objectplace being active from lua, which is not possible in version 2.2.8. The issue, however, is what happens when you leave objectplace mode though, isn't it? If so, then the same fix that fixes the teleportation issue should also resolve the objectplace issue.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back