How do you update a mod to the current version?

Do you have permission?

I don't think he needs permission to update a mod, the permission is needed to upload it in the forums but not for editing it for yourself; I think your question is not helping anyone and it's just way out of topic.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Sorry if the answer is a bit obvious, but I really love the concept of the encore character mod by tripel the fox. https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=43557 The mod, unfortunately, doesn't work on the latest version, is there anything I can brush up on so I may update and upload the mod?

You'll need to know Lua scripting and also know the differences between wads from 2.1 and wads from 2.2; this is the only thing I could help you in and I guess you are asking because you are willing to learn, right? It also depends in what that mod is consisting in (which I think it's lua and some graphics which you'll have to know how to make them work in the latest version with the new LUA parameters) for the graphics though, you only need to extract them using the old 2.1 pallete and then add each in a new file so the pallete is changed for 2.2 (I can't think of a better way of doing this, that's how I would do it).
I hope this clarifies in regards of mod updating/editing.

I don't think he needs permission to update a mod, the permission is needed to upload it in the forums but not for editing it for yourself; I think your question is not helping anyone and it's just way out of topic.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

You'll need to know Lua scripting and also know the differences between wads from 2.1 and wads from 2.2; this is the only thing I could help you in and I guess you are asking because you are willing to learn, right? It also depends in what that mod is consisting in (which I think it's lua and some graphics which you'll have to know how to make them work in the latest version with the new LUA parameters) for the graphics though, you only need to extract them using the old 2.1 pallete and then add each in a new file so the pallete is changed for 2.2 (I can't think of a better way of doing this, that's how I would do it).
I hope this clarifies in regards of mod updating/editing.
I am certainly willing to learn, and your advice definitely helps, I'm just gonna have to dig in some scripting and see how it goes.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Do you have permission?
The mod page does say it allows explicit permission, but regardless I just would like to see how I could get it to work with the latest version.

Someone (dirk) is already working on a 2.2 version of encore, if you're willing to be patient.

Oh, that's good to know, thank you! I could still at least learn a good amount of scripting for this game anyways, so that sounds like a win, win.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back