[Open Assets] RYB Based Transmaps

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frozenLake

Are you tired of Yellow and Blue making an ugly grey, instead of green like with paint?

KDC0BKh.png

Well, now you don't have to be! Introducing, the RYB Based Transmaps. Just load this wad up, and you can be astounded by the increase in color quality*!

*Quality subjective.

Note that this wad needs to be loaded using either the launcher or command line in order to have any effect.

Need a comparison? Here you go!

TdAp2Gs.png

(thanks to HazardGenericNumbers for the comparison shot)

Attachments

• RYBTransmap.zip
    171.9 KB · Views: 548
  • QXvUv3z.jpg
    QXvUv3z.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 668
  • hXOt0Ed.jpg
    hXOt0Ed.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 660
  • 07wAJE8.jpg
    07wAJE8.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 711
  • uLefwZu.jpg
    uLefwZu.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 664
  • rOZelgL.jpg
    rOZelgL.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 628
  • KDC0BKh.jpg
    KDC0BKh.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 627
  • TdAp2Gs.png
    TdAp2Gs.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 584
  • AbLKJBE.jpg
    AbLKJBE.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 610
  • SE8um6j.jpg
    SE8um6j.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 625
Last edited:
Nice! Good to see other people playing with these things. I figured you'd be the one to do it too, after that secondary colors script.

Is this like additive color mixing? Kinda like how a printer mixes colors as opposed to a monitor? If so, how did you do that? Inverse the transmap or something?

Last edited:
Personally, that one screenshot you showed us with the water fall instantly put me off. That ugly teal colour, yuck!

If you look at a rgb color mixing table (how different colors mix using light as opposed to something like your color printer) it makes more sense that blue water would make an object that is yellow into gray.

http://www.deathbysoftware.com/colors/index.html

So I basically just converted the palette, and used the yellow channel as a green channel, before making a transmap with the modified palette, before switching back to the actual palette... except the main problem with that was that it stuck a bunch of colors close to eachother, that, on the actual palette, wouldn't be.

If I could figure out a way to force gimp to use an RYB color mode, or at the very least, find a tool that converts images between these two types, I'd probably be able to make a higher quality version of this.

I don't know if that RYB chart is really that accurate. Printer ink uses CMYK, so I would figure that would be closer to actual primary colors. Though I think some printers use more than the typical cmyk to produce more colors, but those are high end ones.

Also I don't believe that RGB and CMYK is exactly inverse. I think it is a bit more complex than that because combining ink is a different than combining light, but for this mod it probably wouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back