Spiritsune

Hello!

This is my first time ever making a level pack. I started it back in early 2019 and was working on it whenever I had time to. Im trying my best on it!

I think I've made enough levels to show some of them, that being..
Blossom Breeze Zone
Fully completed act 1 and 3, second act being half done and act 1 having all possible emblems.

Sunny Fields Zone
Act 1 concept!

Venomous Lab Zone
Act 1 100% done! Not all emblems added yet.
Also an act 3, which is nothing special but its always something!

Icy Delusion Zone
Act 1 half done, probably. I like how the current sections came out, so I wanted to include them!

Unstable Hike Zone (New!)
Act 1 done, will probably expand it in future doe.
3 emblems dere.

Sabulous Mine Zone
Act 1 made, with emblems!

Planned
- An entire original soundtrack!
- A̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶v̶a̶n̶i̶l̶l̶a̶ ̶S̶R̶B̶2̶ ̶m̶u̶s̶i̶c̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶y̶e̶t̶.̶
- Far more levels!
- Some original special stages!
- ..Bug fixes!

If there are any bugs, I'll try to fix them as soon as possible.
That being said, I will continue working on this mod, wish me luck!
It is my first time though, so please go easy on me, haha

Also, some of the other levels are already being made, and theyre in this version, if you want to go around and check them out too, Im not stopping you! Just know that they're mostly empty.

Updates!
Hotfix 1.1

- Fixed the random springs on VLZ.
- Added two custom tracks! An original song made for the project on VLZ, and my special Icicle Falls Remix for IDZ.
Major Update 1.2
- Added Sunny Fields Act 1
- BBZ Act 2 updated a liiiitle bit.
- VLZ Act 1 updated, improved one section and deleted all confusing paths, so its more clear where to go.
- Updated IDZ Act 1
- Added Sabulous Mine Zone Act 1 (with emblems!)
- Added original songs for every level! (IDZ is still using an Icicle Falls Zone remix tho)
- Hotfix: Added death pits on SMZ
Update 1.3
- Blossom Breeze Act 1 renewed! Updated the design a little bit, added a lot of slopes, added all possible emblems (on the map and on record attack) and overall, made the level feel more fresh and modern! So this level is now 100% complete! Unless I decide to make it longer and that might happen someday.
- Blossom Breeze Act 2 is mostly the same, one of the sections was completely remade although its not final for sure, I'd say its still a wip and I might remake it again, it's now more of a straight path with more light rather than completely dark platforming. (Now the entire room is lighter rather than the small sectors with the torches, so you can actually see everything.)
- Enabled Record Attack! (Like mentioned, there's a rings and time emblems on BBZ1!)
- Most of the SOC warnings are now gone, hopefully!
Major Update 1.4
- !!Released act 1 of a new zone, Unstable Hike Zone!!
- Updated SMZ a little bit.
- New title screen background, fits the mod more!
- New song added for IDZ.
Known bugs:
- Despite having custom gamedata, singleplayer does not save progress, I don't know why.
- There might be some bad texturing here and there, I'll fix that in the next update!

Special thanks to people in the SRB2 server for always helping me out! <3
If you want to talk with me there, my name is the same!

Enjoy!

Attachments

• srb20042.jpg
    srb20042.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 1,627
  • srb20036.jpg
    srb20036.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 1,416
  • srb20035.jpg
    srb20035.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 1,383
  • srb20032.jpg
    srb20032.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 1,139
  • srb20051.jpg
    srb20051.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 823
  • srb20052.jpg
    srb20052.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 945
  • VS_WayPastCool-v1-4.pk3
    23.9 MB · Views: 8,920
Last edited:
A good start! I enjoyed the atmosphere in BBZ (especially BBZ2), and the levels seemed expansive enough. A few quirks started to show up at Venomous Lab, mainly the floating horizontal springs right at the start, and the area with the golden invincibility monitor that requires you to backtrack to progress if you aren't Tails/Knuckles. Additionally, Icy Delusion ended way too fast due to being half done, which is unfortunate because I love ice levels. (It has no music playing, probably because you're planning to add custom music, but if anyone wants music to play, just type "tunes mp_ice" into the console.)

Other than that, everything else was pleasant. Good work, and hope we get more of this!

Very nice, just wish the last level had a music track, It's kind of odd how it's too quiet in its current state.

Looking forward to see where you take this next :)

A few quirks started to show up at Venomous Lab, mainly the floating horizontal springs right at the start
- Fixed!

and the area with the golden invincibility monitor that requires you to backtrack to progress if you aren't Tails/Knuckles.
- That actually meant to be a Fang route only, there are S, T and K route at the left where you're supposed to spin dash, and more at the middle there is a Amy route. I'm not sure how I can mark these routes though, I'll try to figure something out.

(It has no music playing, probably because you're planning to add custom music, but if anyone wants music to play, just type "tunes mp_ice" into the console.)
- Before I made the mod pk3, this level had some weird bug where whenever I added any custom music to this level, it crashed the game.. But now it doesnt seem to be the case, so there we go, added a song!

Thank you very much for approving the mod and feedback! <3

All these levels are stunning. I really like the scenery they have and VLZ's music is amazing. I really want to see the level pack finished. Also idk if this is suposed to be a non-sonic route, but there is this blue spring in VLZ that doesn't reach the platform. But after reading that you thought on different character routes I don't think this is an error. But anyway, just saying

Attachments

• srb20024.gif
    srb20024.gif
    3 MB · Views: 302
  • srb20025.gif
    srb20025.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 351
All these levels are stunning. I really like the scenery they have and VLZ's music is amazing. I really want to see the level pack finished. Also idk if this is suposed to be a non-sonic route, but there is this blue spring in VLZ that doesn't reach the platform. But after reading that you thought on different character routes I don't think this is an error. But anyway, just saying

Im glad!
Yeah, this spring and the yellow springs after are supposed to be Amy only, using her higher spring jump ability. But I might change that since it looks like the alternate paths I made in this level are all confusing.

Played through it, the pack seems to be coming along well, just a few notes.

1. - I'm generally not a fan of first levels that throw everything and the kitchen sink at you in terms of enemies, with Blossom Breeze even throwing in a Deton ambush. It's fine if you intend to make this a challenge pack as opposed to a general custom campaign, just something to keep in mind.
  2. - You might be better off just leaving the standard SRB2 intro out for now unless you have a solid story that matches.
  3. - Venomous Lab seems to be the most polished of the bunch so far

I will reserve criticism for most other areas since this is likely an early WIP, but there is some fun to be had and some nice layouts so far.

The mod got updated!

Changes include:
- Added Sunny Fields Act 1
- BBZ Act 2 updated a liiiitle bit.
- VLZ Act 1 updated, improved one section and deleted all confusing paths, so its more clear where to go.
- Updated IDZ Act 1
- Added Sabulous Mine Zone Act 1 (with emblems!)
- Added original songs for every level! (IDZ is still using an Icicle Falls Zone remix tho)

As always, I hope everyone will enjoy the new content!

You can just use sonic and tails *or fang, knuckles, and tails*

Thought i'd drop by to let you know that the emblems don't seem to be working, lovely little mappack otherwise though

Attachments

• srb20008.gif
    srb20008.gif
    3.9 MB · Views: 371
Last edited:
The Music is amazing!

I completed the whole modpack, and gotta say I love it! Especially the music for Venomous Lab Act 1. I always go back & replay that level just for the music. Is there a way to get the music?

Released an update!

Update 1.3
- Blossom Breeze Act 1 renewed! Updated the design a little bit, added a lot of slopes, added all possible emblems (on the map and on record attack) and overall, made the level feel more fresh and modern! So this level is now 100% complete! Unless I decide to make it longer and that might happen someday.
- Blossom Breeze Act 2 is mostly the same, one of the sections was completely remade although its not final for sure, I'd say its still a wip and I might remake it again, it's now more of a straight path with more light rather than completely dark platforming. (Now the entire room is lighter rather than the small sectors with the torches, so you can actually see everything.)
- Enabled Record Attack! (Like mentioned, there's a rings and time emblems on BBZ1!)
- Most of the SOC warnings are now gone, hopefully!

Released an update!

Major Update 1.4
- !!Released act 1 of a new zone, Unstable Hike Zone!!
- Updated SMZ a little bit.
- New title screen background, fits the mod more!
- New song added for IDZ.

Neat level pack. Great you made your own music, that's dedication. Specially enjoyed sabulous mine zone.

You might want to give the crumbling platform in the sunset fields stage a more clear texture that it'll break. I kept running in circles there until I saw what happened.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back