Final Fantasy 16

Icarus

Phantasy Savior
The trailer has been revealed: https://youtu.be/yr6PtdY0i7M (Careful, it contains stuff not suited for the younger audience)

I'm not a big FF fan (even if I really like the oldschool stuff from the 2D games) but I'm glad Squarenix took a more mature and serious approach to the series (even if it looks a lot like the Witcher as a western fantasy setting).

I've never been that hyped for a FF game in 15 years.

Turns out they actually got the producer of FF14, Naoki Yoshida, to work on FF16. And I gotta say, I got those FF14 vibes right away from the trailer. This is probably the most interesting looking Final Fantasy game (aside from 14) to come out in a long while.

And the fact that it's a PlayStation exclusive, at least for the time being… well if Xbox Series X|S ever had a chance of convincing my partner (a massive FF fan) to make the jump, they've sure as heck lost it now. Assuming it's a next-gen exclusive, I guess we'll be getting a PS5 in a couple of years because there's no way we're missing this. :D

FF16 is also coming to PC.

I've never played FF14 but I think I prefer the style of it over XV's.

FF16 is also coming to PC.

Well, i mean, between my partner and I, neither of our PCs are particularly up to date or powerful enough to run anything released in the past 5 years. We actually got our PS4 Pro to replace her PC.

But also.

unknown.png

We reached out to Square Enix for comment, and to clarify if Final Fantasy 16 would be coming to PC. We got the following line: “We have no further information on if Final Fantasy XVI will be released on platforms other than the PS5”.
Seems any mention of a PC version was an error on Sony's part.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back