Looppoint issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WellDoneSnake

Yoko Shimomura
Hey guys, I'm been having a problem with trying to looppoint my music, I followed everything on srb2wiki but my music only loops from 'near the end to the end' (it loops from where ever I put the loop point and what ever sounds come after).

Exactly. That's how looppoint works.

Allow me to explain:

Take the GFZ1 music. There's a little intro for a few bars and then the actual track with clarinet melody starts with the 2nd orchestra hit, right? That track's looppoint is that 2nd orchestra hit, because that's the same spot where the track ends. The engine puts the music back to the looppoint once the end of the track is reached.

Graphical: (the way it actually works)

.........looppoint..............................end
Intro------|-----Repeated Body-------|
................<---Looped portion------->

Think about it: if you want the music to go from the looppoint to the beginning, why bother with a looppoint? Just clip the track at the right spot and the whole thing will loop. Likewise, what would be the point of extra stuff at the end, past where the loop should be? It's just wasting space; clip it off and only make the engine parse one looppoint.

Graphical: (the way you think it works)

.............................looppoint..........................................end
----Repeated Body------|-----Useless crap taking up space---|
<---Looped portion----->

Graphical: (more efficient than above method/the way it works)
.............................scissors
----Repeated Body------|
<---Looped portion----->

For trimming music, you can use Audacity, or PM it to me and I'll find/make an optimal looping scenario (I'm a music producer, I do this stuff all the time).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back