Modern Sonic gameplay VS Classic Sonic gameplay (in srb2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WellDoneSnake

Yoko Shimomura
For those people who haven't seen a lot of posts on different threads relating to this, I should tell you now that there are people who like srb2 but dislike the (good) modern sonic mods (like some of the Sonic next-gen mods) that are made and prefer the classic gameplay. Now I don't mind this, since I like to read the different comments about what gameplay is better in srb2. But I'd like to hear other people's opinions on this, you can also say how good each gameplay is out of ten (Classic gameplay=8/10, Modern gameplay=7/10). In my opinion the only good modern gameplays in srb2 I've seen is "Pac's SRB2 Colors" & "Thompson's STH360 mod". Thompson mod has classic elements to the modern styled gameplay therefore I don't think it's a full port (or a port at all), he even creates a new board gameplay as a substitute for Next-Gen's grinding and watersliding gameplays/styles. Also Thompson recreates one of the boss battles with silver from the Next-Gen game. Pac's gameplay uses srb2cb (but Pac did modify it's source code) to recreate the game Sonic Colors, Pac does this by making a modified NiGHTS 2d mode that allows players to move around bends without the use of zoomtubes and changing the item boxes to wisp powers. These are just examples of how srb2 can be used for modern gameplay, I don't have to explain how they are used for classic gameplay...

Last edited:
Yea pac's srb2 colours looks very good.
For Tomphson STH360 I can't say it's good/it's bad because the link has removed by moderators :(
If you have it can you, please send me by a PM?

As the preview shows for the 2.1, we can use the LUA, it avoid to create another .exe file and modify the source-code. I think some "next-gen" mods can be do with 2.1's potential. I mean here srb2Unleashed2.1, srb2Colours and maybe a true srb2Generations.

Classic Gameplay = 9/10 Awesome
Modern Gameplay = -/10 I can't give a rank because I never tested any next-gen mods :/ (srb2 colours hasn't got a link, STH360's link was removed by moderators :/ )

Last edited:
I shall pm you it, and I like the sound of next-gen mods being made in 2.1.
Can you explain why you rated classic sonic gameplay 9/10?

EDIT: Unfortunately I can't pm you it because I would have to also pm you srb2 v2.0.4. And I can't upload using this pc because it will waste my FUP. Due to the size of the file(s). You might have to ask Thompson for his old sth360re with 2.0.4.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back