What is your favorite anime?

I can totally vouch for Kino and Kaiba. The former is my all-around favorite series and I enjoy collecting whatever merch I can find of it, namely the Japanese light novels and art books. Kaiba is a unique show that doesn't get the attention that it deserves, and it has a beautiful soundtrack that I can never get enough of. Its weakness is that the main plot doesn't kick in until halfway through, and it feels pretty crammed in there, as if the writers completely forgot about it until near the end. But it's one of those shows I wouldn't watch for the plot alone.
Yessss good taste present. I have The Beautiful World artbook myself, and I once found the large figure of Kino with a smoking gun at a convention. But I wasn't able to afford it, which was a shame.

Also about Kaiba, my favourite part of that show was the first half before the plot kicks into gear. Just exploring the unique and interesting setting was a delight for me. I enjoyed the second half as well, but it's the first half I consider to be really special.

And I guess if I ever update my 3x3 favourite shows chart on page 1 now I would probably remove Nichijou and Princess Jellyfish to make room for The 08th MS Team and Mushishi.

I am extremely indecisive about my favorite animes. I'm currently watching what is probably half of the summer anime season. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is definitely up there. My first favorite anime, I suppose, was Shugo Chara! with Lyrical Nanoha sliding around there. Then I watched Madoka Magica and fell in love with that. And recently I watched AKB0048, which, for whatever reason I can't explain, I couldn't stop being overhype about and currently rests at my favorite anime.

To list a couple others I liked a lot, I would list Code Geass, the Aincrad arc of Sword Art Online, Gurren Lagann, Trigun, and Yugioh 5Ds.

I sorta have a few, but one of them that sticks out to me is Ashita no Joe. A boxing anime from the 70s-80s, I love it so much.

I like the anime Love, Chunibyo, & Other Delusions (Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai!) because it perfectly describes the otherworldy phase of mind many of the younger members of this community are currently suffering from. :P Seriously, though, it's a great anime. (Season one in particular.)

I also found The Devil is a Part-Timer! (Hataraku Maō-sama!) to be quite enjoyable, despite how annoying pretty much every true antagonist was.

Fall 2014 anime season is almost upon us. What do the other people here plan on watching?

Joods Fall anime
Gundam Reconquista in G
Parasyte
Garo
Terra Formars (I read the first volume of the Manga, it was so awful and racist I want to see how bad this anime is)
Akatsuki no Yona
Shirobako
Hi☆sCoool! Sega Hard Girl
Sidonia season 2 (assuming it even airs this season, it's rather vague right now)
Yuru Yuri OVA

Looking forward to the continuation of Hitsugi no Chaika and Log Horizon. Also really curious how well they'll adapt Grisaia no Kajitsu, because that VN was incredibly long and I only completed three of the routes. Otherwise I'll probably just download practically everything on HorribleSubs and see what strikes my fancy by experiment like I normally do.

Fall 2014 anime season is almost upon us. What do the other people here plan on watching?

Joods Fall anime
Gundam Reconquista in G
Parasyte
Garo
Terra Formars (I read the first volume of the Manga, it was so awful and racist I want to see how bad this anime is)
Akatsuki no Yona
Shirobako
Hi☆sCoool! Sega Hard Girl
Sidonia season 2 (assuming it even airs this season, it's rather vague right now)
Yuru Yuri OVA

I'm so out of the anime loop, I didn't even know that the next season was coming up. I read through the link your provided just now, and maybe it's just because the descriptions are too short, but only one new property caught my eye: "Inou-Battle-wa Nichijou-kei no Naka-de," by Trigger studio. With how great Kill la Kill turned out, I'll be sure to give that a try.

Things are better on the OVA front, at least. More Attack on Titan, Kill la Kill, WataMote, and Yuri Yuri? Sign me up! Though I do wish those last two had new seasons coming out, not just OVAs...

Really looking forward to the new seasons of Hitsugi no Chaika and Log Horizon. I also can't wait to start watching the new adaptation of Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works.

Hitsugi no Chaika. All the way.

I also am curious about Sanzoku no Musume Ronja. I want to see how well Goro Miyazaki and his team do at carrying on the Studio Ghibli legacy.
According to Mantan Web's report, after confessing "Since my father is Hayao Miyazaki, even with my age, I have still been remembering that I am his son," he admitted, "I don't consider myself as an artist. If you want a work with creativity, your choice should be Anno. There is no way that I can be a post-Hayao Miyazaki."
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/09/02/goro-admits-i-cant-be-a-post-hayao-miyazaki

Last edited:
Afters months and years of putting it off, I finally did it. I just finished watching Evangelion and End of Evangelion for the first time.

End-of-Evangelion1.jpg

that was amazing

Logo_medium.gif

It's the only anime I have watched and most likely will ever watch.

Can't say I enjoyed Sonic X... in fact, it's probably the worst Sonic animated series there is, in my opinion. But regardless of personal opinions about that show, why don't you think you will watch any other anime? Just curious.

Well, I've finished watching the Rebuild of Evangelion series. Not gonna go into how disappointing the third movie was, but suffice to say, I will never recommend Rebuild over the original series.

Now that I've got that all off the list, this is what I still have left to watch/finish watching:

Berserk
Midori Days
The Vision of Escaflowne
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Paranoia Agent
Gankutsuou (Count of Monte Cristo)
Baccano!
Wolf's Rain
Full Metal Alchemist

Any particular ones I should check out first?

this is what I still have left to watch/finish watching:

Berserk
Midori Days
The Vision of Escaflowne
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Paranoia Agent
Gankutsuou (Count of Monte Cristo)
Baccano!
Wolf's Rain
Full Metal Alchemist

Any particular ones I should check out first?
Gankutsuou is amazing, I love that series. Baccano! is very good as well. Paranoia Agent is decent, but I wouldn't rank it as highly as those two I just mentioned.

And regarding Berserk, you're probably better off reading the manga. Because the series ended in 1998 and the manga is ongoing, albeit very slowly.

Also I really should get around to watching Utena, that series looks pretty fun.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back